Is a medical always asked for?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Suze

I sent my application mid Jan, when I eventually get through on phone, they say they have received form and just wait. My ban was up March 22nd, I am a HRO due to high levels but was not in drivers seat when caught. Have pmh Alcohol misuse and depression. First offender

You would not be charged with drink driving if you were in the passenger seat and not driving you telling porkies

You would not be charged with drink driving if you were in the passenger seat and not driving you telling porkies
suze indicated that she was convicted of drunk in charge, not drink driving. If her reading was high that still makes her a HRO needing a medical.

...even if you were caught in the passenger seat, if there was evidence that you had been driving you could still be charged with drink driving.

@Suze, can you give a bit more info as you giving 1 liners that do not tell your full story? Who took your car and why? Where did they take it? Have you got it back?

...even if you were caught in the passenger seat, if there was evidence that you had been driving you could still be charged with drink driving.

@Suze, can you give a bit more info as you giving 1 liners that do not tell your full story? Who took your car and why? Where did they take it? Have you got it back?
Was going through a marriage breakdown, not in a good place mentally, took off in my car, got some vodka and sat on country road drinking, police suspected dd, I was thrown in cell overnight, holding cell at court all next day-with addict who peed on floor several times. Appeared in court,my car was seized, sentence deferred for month-banned 15 months

Arrrhhh right thats crap you might have drove there sober and decided to have a drink to get away from things

Arrrhhh right thats crap you might have drove there sober and decided to have a drink to get away from things
That could be true, but the law says it is an offence to be drunk in charge of a motor vehicle.
It can be a defence to show there was no likelihood of driving whilst still over the legal limit, but with a high reading that could take a long time and makes it less likely that the claim would be accepted.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off