Insurance

jan01

Hi I wonder if anyone can advise me.
I was caught drink driving and due in court January.
I damaged a car and the claim has been sorted.
I'm also on my mothers insurance as a second driver, will my claim and drink drive conviction effect my mother's insurance
Thanks karen

A Plan Insurance

Insurance Experts
Hi I wonder if anyone can advise me.
I was caught drink driving and due in court January.
I damaged a car and the claim has been sorted.
I'm also on my mothers insurance as a second driver, will my claim and drink drive conviction effect my mother's insurance
Thanks karen
Hi Karen (@jan01), thanks for the question! Basically it comes down to two main things
  1. Which vehicle the accident happened in (In your mothers or in your own/other vehicle)
  2. Are you are going to be removed as a named driver from your mothers policy temporarily?
If you can let me know those two things then I can hopefully advise you best :)

Thanks,

A-Plan

jan01

Hi Karen (@jan01), thanks for the question! Basically it comes down to two main things
  1. Which vehicle the accident happened in (In your mothers or in your own/other vehicle)
  2. Are you are going to be removed as a named driver from your mothers policy temporarily?

Thanks,

A-Plan
Hi the accident was in my car not my mother's.
Thanks karen

jan01

Thanks,

A-Plan
I'm going to get myself taken off my mother's policy.

A Plan Insurance

Insurance Experts
I'm going to get myself taken off my mother's policy.
Thanks Karen, Ok thank you for that update.

If you are going to be taken off your mothers policy and also the accident happened in your own car then your mother will not need to declare either of those on her policy.

Only accidents that have happened to her or on her own policy will need to be declared and only convictions that are for her or on any named drivers will need to be declared.

If you look to get yourself added back on to her policy in the future you will need to declare any accidents or convictions you have had.

So to answer your original question, taking in to account the points above, your mothers policy will not be affected if you are removed as a named driver, but would be if you get added back on to her policy in the future.

Hopefully that helps, but if you have any more questions please feel free to contact our office on the number below and we will try to help where we can :)

Thanks,

A-Plan

jan01

Thanks Karen, Ok thank you for that update.

If you are going to be taken off your mothers policy and also the accident happened in your own car then your mother will not need to declare either of those on her policy.

Only accidents that have happened to her or on her own policy will need to be declared and only convictions that are for her or on any named drivers will need to be declared.

If you look to get yourself added back on to her policy in the future you will need to declare any accidents or convictions you have had.

So to answer your original question, taking in to account the points above, your mothers policy will not be affected if you are removed as a named driver, but would be if you get added back on to her policy in the future.

Hopefully that helps, but if you have any more questions please feel free to contact our office on the number below and we will try to help where we can :)

Thanks,

A-Plan
Thank you so much, I would hate her to suffer because of my stupidity 😔

A Plan Insurance

Insurance Experts
Thank you so much, I would hate her to suffer because of my stupidity 😔
You are very welcome!

I'm sure everything will work itself out for you!

If you have any more insurance questions in the future please feel free to get in touch :)

Thanks,

A-Plan

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off