Insurance, light at the end of the tunnel?

Convicted Driver Insurance
Does anyone want to share there experience with regards to insurance?

Lots of people in the general population say insurance will go up dramatically. I got a quote from GoCompare and my insurance may only go up by £200. I'm happy with that.

Thanks

I’m about to find out what damage my insurance will cause my bank balance. We loose out ncb as well as having a HRO endorsement. I was told to expect to pay Up to 4 times. More than I did before

I’m about to find out what damage my insurance will cause my bank balance. We loose out ncb as well as having a HRO endorsement. I was told to expect to pay Up to 4 times. More than I did before

Your NCB will carry forward for 2 years. I see elsewhere that you had a 20 month ban, so you should be OK (unless you lost it because of a collision?)

Your NCB will carry forward for 2 years. I see elsewhere that you had a 20 month ban, so you should be OK (unless you lost it because of a collision?)
My ban ended 28 August and I’ve only just had the CDT blood test etc. If my licence comes back within four months I should be able to access the NCB? Ah, I had heard about this but it wasn’t from a reliable source, thankyou. No collision thank god, never had a car accident *touchwood*

I thought NCB could be carried for 3 years. My insurance was £600 and through GoCompare I was quoted £800. I still have 3 months to wait until I find out

My ban ended 28 August and I’ve only just had the CDT blood test etc. If my licence comes back within four months I should be able to access the NCB? Ah, I had heard about this but it wasn’t from a reliable source, thankyou. No collision thank god, never had a car accident *touchwood*
Most companies offer 2 years, but there are a few that do 3. If you are in the position of being between 2 and 3 years without insurance it is always worth checking for a company that will honour no claims for 3 years.

£750 before the ban driving a 2.7 litre Mercedes c class, £2100 after the ban driving a 1.8 Ford.

That's with 4 years NCB and I'm a 23 year old male. Not bad getting added as a named driver on a parent's car tho, worked out around £23 extra a month.

£750 before the ban driving a 2.7 litre Mercedes c class, £2100 after the ban driving a 1.8 Ford.

That's with 4 years NCB and I'm a 23 year old male. Not bad getting added as a named driver on a parent's car tho, worked out around £23 extra a month.
**** me... over two grand on a Ford.....oh that’s properly taking the piss eh? Good job you have decent parents. I broached the possibility of being added to my mums little Nissan. The answer was something along the lines of. Time and crime and a dead body....took that as a No then lol

**** me... over two grand on a Ford.....oh that’s properly taking the piss eh? Good job you have decent parents. I broached the possibility of being added to my mums little Nissan. The answer was something along the lines of. Time and crime and a dead body....took that as a No then lol

I couldn't believe it mate, I tried everything to get the quotes down to no avail. They have young people over the barrel, even more so with a conviction. Ended up with admiral, family policy on a car with my dad, mum, my sister and myself named on the car for £700 for the year which works for me while I'm still living at home, I would be using the car the most but my dad does take it out for the odd run. On my own is just too much money, 4 more years until it's back to normal!!

I couldn't believe it mate, I tried everything to get the quotes down to no avail. They have young people over the barrel, even more so with a conviction. Ended up with admiral, family policy on a car with my dad, mum, my sister and myself named on the car for £700 for the year which works for me while I'm still living at home, I would be using the car the most but my dad does take it out for the odd run. On my own is just too much money, 4 more years until it's back to normal!!
I know I will never drink drive again because being an old crusty with responsibilities, the last 20 months without a car has been the biggest challenge!, days after I lost my licence I moved as scheduled, to a remote coastal village in the middle of nowhere, with no buses,shops, anything at all for miles. No take aways or home deliveries , taxis want a few DAYS notice, drs and vet won’t come out here unless someone’s leg. Or paw is hanging off , virtually **** all mobile phone signal and WiFi’s? Whats one of those ??, ask anyone here about the tinternet and they think you still have to dial it up. Cable? Hahaha dream on... ASDA will deliver groceries but in the winter it sometimes gets mysteriously cancelled and refunded. I’ve learned to adapt but I can’t lie...I have lived like an smelly old cat lady , minus the cats lololo. There’s a lot of old soaks up here, people got nothing to do but drink and ride old bikes..lololol. I am dreading. Getting a insurance quote cus it would tempting to just say ahh too much, forget it. But I need to Get back to work and be part of civilisation. ...just hope I get a full licence . Out of interest... if I was only given say a yr one..would I still get car insurance??.

I know I will never drink drive again because being an old crusty with responsibilities, the last 20 months without a car has been the biggest challenge!, days after I lost my licence I moved as scheduled, to a remote coastal village in the middle of nowhere, with no buses,shops, anything at all for miles. No take aways or home deliveries , taxis want a few DAYS notice, drs and vet won’t come out here unless someone’s leg. Or paw is hanging off , virtually **** all mobile phone signal and WiFi’s? Whats one of those ??, ask anyone here about the tinternet and they think you still have to dial it up. Cable? Hahaha dream on... ASDA will deliver groceries but in the winter it sometimes gets mysteriously cancelled and refunded. I’ve learned to adapt but I can’t lie...I have lived like an smelly old cat lady , minus the cats lololo. There’s a lot of old soaks up here, people got nothing to do but drink and ride old bikes..lololol. I am dreading. Getting a insurance quote cus it would tempting to just say ahh too much, forget it. But I need to Get back to work and be part of civilisation. ...just hope I get a full licence . Out of interest... if I was only given say a yr one..would I still get car insurance??.

I was given a 3yr licence, put quotes in with the 3 year licence declared and without it declared to see if there was a difference. There was no difference, same price with a full licence as it is with a 3 yr medically restricted.

I was banned for 17 months for failure to provide (DR30). My insurance before that cost me £220 per year fully comp. My ban ended last month but still waiting for my license back after having a medical. I looked at some quotes a couple of weeks and found results for £280 per year 3rd party fire and theft. So mine only went up £60 but now not fully comp but that's fine by me.

I was banned for 17 months for failure to provide (DR30). My insurance before that cost me £220 per year fully comp. My ban ended last month but still waiting for my license back after having a medical. I looked at some quotes a couple of weeks and found results for £280 per year 3rd party fire and theft. So mine only went up £60 but now not fully comp but that's fine by me.

I would also like to add Compare the market was giving me crazy prices, i used money supermarket instead. That is where i got the cheapest quotes.

I spent 3 weeks ringing everyone, over 70 companies contacted in total. Tried Quote search as well. Ended up getting my best price by over £400 off confused.com with Sterling insurance. I had rang sterling before and was given a quote £150 more than the quote I was given on confused.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off