Insurance good news

Convicted Driver Insurance

jimbo

I was caught DD on Jan 21st last year (2009) and went to court on Feb 18th. 17 month ban and £300 fine. Did the Rehab course (which I can recommend!)

At last I have my licence back and set about my car insurance. I had had many dire warnings. My usual insurers has quoted me £245 for Fully Comp., Legal Protection, No Claims INsurance and 150 excess. When I told them what had happened they increased this to £276.

I went onto Confused.com and got a quote for the same cover for 238!! None asked to see my certificate from the Rehab course.

I think there are mythologies about punitive car insurance premiums. OK, I have 30 years clean licence and max no claims but one likes to offer hope to fellow convicts.

Good luck to you all. It is survivable. ANd my trusty Focus Diesel (parked for 10 months) started first time and passed its MOT the same day.

Back on the road, and never again! Take care y'all. And FFS watch out for the morning after stuff. Most people on my course got caught the next day, and they included 2 bus drivers!

Last edited:
Fellow convicts - ha ha.

Good luck, my license back on the 12th of this month - happy days :D

I know of 4 police officers that did not even get charged when caught drunk while driving. What's up with that? Everyone should be created equal when it comes to drunk driving and cell phone use, like texting.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off