Insurance costs after HRO driving offence

Convicted Driver Insurance

Stassikate

I’m just wondering what people’s insurance prices were after this offence compared to before, as well as which insurance companies provided the best quotes. Any advice is welcome.

Mine came out as £214, fully comp, 7 years no claims. Im 33 and have held a licence for 15 years. Got a DR30 and disqualified for 17 months. Was my only conviction and never claimed on my insurance or had a crash or have any penalty points. I think there are lots of factors which determine insurance price even after a drink driving offence. I drive a classic car from the 70's so this may also reflect the low price.

Mine came out as £214, fully comp, 7 years no claims. Im 33 and have held a licence for 15 years. Got a DR30 and disqualified for 17 months. Was my only conviction and never claimed on my insurance or had a crash or have any penalty points. I think there are lots of factors which determine insurance price even after a drink driving offence. I drive a classic car from the 70's so this may also reflect the low price.
Hi am insured with 1st cental and was insured with them for 10 years before my ban for drug driving last year.when I came to re insure after my ban my policy was the same price.get price each day for a week or so,but never insure from 6pm on a Friday to 8am on a Monday morning it always seems more expensive then.

Just insured my car ready for my van to be lifted, 04 plate Ford Fiesta, 1.2, 9 years no claims £600 a year didn’t think it was that bad, works out about £40 a month, I was paying £35 a month before my ban.

Because of the Coronavirus, my no claims discount became outdated - insurance companies will only usually accept for 2 years prior, I therefore had to re-insure with 0 no claims (previously had 9 years!) My cost came in at £500, previously it was around £300 so not too bad I thought!

I did a comparison site and it was not as bad as I thought, i had no claims and no penalty points but it came out as £320 on Swift which was OK.

Can I ask, when it asks ‘how long have you held this licence’, is it referring to ‘this new licence’ or ‘a licence’ which in my case is 22 years but with a 4 year break for disqualification

Try compare the market site and put in all your details, it's not as bad as you may think
Do you say you’ve held a licence for however many years (22 in my case) or do you say 1 week or whenever it was you got your licence reinstated? Only asking because it’s asked ‘how long have you held THIS licence?’

Do you say you’ve held a licence for however many years (22 in my case) or do you say 1 week or whenever it was you got your licence reinstated? Only asking because it’s asked ‘how long have you held THIS licence?’
You have held a full licence since you passed your test. It doesn't take into account the disqualified period so you have 22 years.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off