Insurance conundrum

Convicted Driver Insurance

MaryM123

Well Known Member
Hi everyone

I guess this is something of a nothing post but it’s always left me curious…my insurance company were lovely to me after my accident and not only paid whatever damage I did, I also got a cheque from them for the £3k damage to my car following my accident. They knew the accident was because of my DD..how come they still paid up?

Hi everyone

I guess this is something of a nothing post but it’s always left me curious…my insurance company were lovely to me after my accident and not only paid whatever damage I did, I also got a cheque from them for the £3k damage to my car following my accident. They knew the accident was because of my DD..how come they still paid up?
Not every insurance company operates the same and has the same clauses & exclusions built into their policies. The way they operate, analyse risk and conduct business will differ from insurer to insurer.

Some insurance companies wont insure drink drivers, some will. Most insurers will not recognise no claims bonus over two years old, some will accept no claims bonus for up to three years since the expiry of your last policy.

This is why you see prices from different insurance companies that can vary between a couple of hundred to a couple of thousand for the same level of cover for the same car as not all insurance companies operate in the same way and offer the exact same policies as one another.

my insurer aviva as far as i know paid for the third party, but i can confirm they paid to fix my car to to this day i dont know why as i came clean and said it was drink driving straight away to this day i feel a bit guilty worry il get a letter through the door with them trying to recoup costs but its been nearly 4 years

my insurer aviva as far as i know paid for the third party, but i can confirm they paid to fix my car to to this day i dont know why as i came clean and said it was drink driving straight away to this day i feel a bit guilty worry il get a letter through the door with them trying to recoup costs but its been nearly 4 years
Yes I have this feeling too!

My insurance rang me 6 months later saying they was taking me to court to recoup the 3rd party damage 3500 I said crack on then will be paying you 5 pound a month.....never heard from them again they are as crooked as they come

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off