Insurance Claims after drink driving offence

Convicted Driver Insurance

AJC37

Hello, I was involved in an incident 6 months ago where my axle snapped while drink driving and I ended up grazing 3 cars. The police report said it was only 'paint work' but I have now had 2 of the 3 cars claim against me for a total of £4500 and I have not been allowed to see any information, photo's, Invoices etc. to show what it is they are claiming for, my insurance company are refusing to give me the details but are demanding this money from me. I was unable to take any pictures of my own on the day due to the nature of the incident. So I am just told an amount I have to pay with no evidence to prove what for. Do you know of anything I can do to protect myself in this situation?

My expertise centres on any criminal element of drink driving related matters however I can give some practical advice form experience. Given that you were driving whilst over the limit for alcohol, it may be that this particular offence would have invalidated your policy or at least allowed the insurance company to claim any subsequent costs back from you. However, this may depend on your insurance policy terms, and what your insurance company provides for in terms of the cover in these types of circumstances.

However, the fact you were drink driving at the time, will not invalidate the claims made by the owners of the three vehicles you collided with. In the circumstances where the policy is invalidated, you will ultimately be responsible as an individual.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off