Independant Blood Sample Analysis - Drink Driving

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi there,

I was pulled over on Thursday morning (idiotically using my phone) at 9am and gave a reading of 40. Was breatherlised in the station at 10am and blew 51 and 47. Had a blood test done at 11.40am and when I left the station at 12.15pm I asked them to check me again to see if I was safe to drive home and I blew 23.

I am desperately worried and keep being advised to get my own sample checked independantly. The only problem is, I can't find anyone to do it for me!

Can any one help me?

Thanks
Anna

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Help - Need to get my blood sample checked

Hi there,

I was pulled over on Thursday morning (idiotically using my phone) at 9am and gave a reading of 40. Was breatherlised in the station at 10am and blew 51 and 47. Had a blood test done at 11.40am and when I left the station at 12.15pm I asked them to check me again to see if I was safe to drive home and I blew 23.

I am desperately worried and keep being advised to get my own sample checked independantly. The only problem is, I can't find anyone to do it for me!

Can any one help me?

Thanks
Anna

Hi Anna,

The Royal Society of Chemistry provide information on the RTA Procedure a list of road traffic act analysts who can analyse blood or urine samples and attend court as expert witnesses if need be.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Hi Anna,

The Royal Society of Chemistry provide information on the RTA Procedure a list of road traffic act analysts who can analyse blood or urine samples and attend court as expert witnesses if need be.

Hope this helps.

I was also just marginaly over at 42, and was offered and accepted a blood test. I aslo took a sample and they supplied a leaflet of where I could get my sample tested. I sent my sample in and it cos £120, I got the result back within a week. My result was 78 and the legal limit is 80, I am now wondering if that means I am in the clear?

I was also just marginaly over at 42, and was offered and accepted a blood test. I aslo took a sample and they supplied a leaflet of where I could get my sample tested. I sent my sample in and it cos £120, I got the result back within a week. My result was 78 and the legal limit is 80, I am now wondering if that means I am in the clear?

This is similar to what happened to me however the police applied a back calculation to cover the time between when I was arrested and the time of the blood test. They eventually dropped the case as we disputed the figure they had used in the back calculations but I had to have an expert report and expert court appearance fee which was expensive.

This is similar to what happened to me however the police applied a back calculation to cover the time between when I was arrested and the time of the blood test. They eventually dropped the case as we disputed the figure they had used in the back calculations but I had to have an expert report and expert court appearance fee which was expensive.

I have just received a call from the arresting PC and the official result came back at 73, so my bail has been cancelled and no further action is being taken.

So I would advise anyone to take the option of a blood test if offered, but probably the best piece of advice is not to drink any alchol and drive. It has certainly frightened the life out of me.

Where did you get your sample analysed, as I am having real difficulty finding someone to do this?

Where did you get your sample analysed, as I am having real difficulty finding someone to do this?

As this poster was a new member, and it was from 9 years ago, I doubt you will get a reply from him!
thelaw has changed since his post, because in those days you were entitled to a blood sample if you blew between 40 and 50,
but samples are still offered if the breath test machine is not available, there is a medical reason or for procedure.

Here is a link to one laboratory that does blood tests for alcohol:

Interesting story, but adverts for your work are a “NO NO”
if you want people to read your interesting story, then edit to remove the work link.
if it was a story just to put a work link on our website, then goodbye.......

As this poster was a new member, and it was from 9 years ago, I doubt you will get a reply from him!
thelaw has changed since his post, because in those days you were entitled to a blood sample if you blew between 40 and 50,
but samples are still offered if the breath test machine is not available, there is a medical reason or for procedure.

Here is a link to one laboratory that does blood tests for alcohol:

Thanks, but already tried CNC and they can't help - like all of the ones we've tried they only now test for drugs as apparently it's no longer worth their while doing alcohol testing (probably because the police don't normally offer samples as you have already described). It's our grandson on whose behalf we're enquiring - his breath tests were 48 then 40, but the sergeant took pity on him and offered him a blood sample "to give you a chance". According to a policeman we know it could take as long as 3 months for the police to get their test result, so we're just after getting our own sample tested much sooner for peace of mind in the meantime - neither my wife nor Jack's mother can sleep at the moment through worry!

Thanks, but already tried CNC and they can't help - like all of the ones we've tried they only now test for drugs as apparently it's no longer worth their while doing alcohol testing (probably because the police don't normally offer samples as you have already described). It's our grandson on whose behalf we're enquiring - his breath tests were 48 then 40, but the sergeant took pity on him and offered him a blood sample "to give you a chance". According to a policeman we know it could take as long as 3 months for the police to get their test result, so we're just after getting our own sample tested much sooner for peace of mind in the meantime - neither my wife nor Jack's mother can sleep at the moment through worry!

you can try Analytical Services International Ltd. London

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off