In Court this thursday

Convicted Driver Insurance

drink driver

i was caught drink driving nearly two weeks ago. i crashed into onto a roundabout and into a tree. luckily no one else was involved and i didnt injure/kill anyone which so easily could have happened.

the police were called to the scene and i was taken straight to the police station where i took two breath tests which both failed as i didnt breathe for long enough or hard enough so i was charged with failing to provide a specimen.

i have spoken to a barrister who said to request my custody record from the police station which i am yet to receive from the police. the barrister also told me to attend the hearing on thursday and ask for an adjournment and if i am forced to enter a plea to say no plea so that i can get some legal advice on the documents they are using as evidence against me.

i am not sure if this is what i should do or not as i have looked on loads of sites on the net and there is no mention of saying no plea and asking for adjournment. should i do what the barrister has said?

i have never been in trouble with the police before and i am petrified of what is going to happen to me. i have just been made redundant from work which i leave on friday it has all come at the worst possible time.

do you know what sort of sentence i am likely to get? ban, fine, prisionment etc?

also should i have a solicitor present on thursday with me or wait for the adjournment if that is what i should do?

Last edited:
i was caught drink driving nearly two weeks ago. i crashed into onto a roundabout and into a tree. luckily no one else was involved and i didnt injure/kill anyone which so easily could have happened.

the police were called to the scene and i was taken straight to the police station where i took two breath tests which both failed as i didnt breathe for long enough or hard enough so i was charged with failing to provide a specimen.

i have spoken to a barrister who said to request my custody record from the police station which i am yet to receive from the police. the barrister also told me to attend the hearing on thursday and ask for an adjournment and if i am forced to enter a plea to say no plea so that i can get some legal advice on the documents they are using as evidence against me.

i am not sure if this is what i should do or not as i have looked on loads of sites on the net and there is no mention of saying no plea and asking for adjournment. should i do what the barrister has said?

i have never been in trouble with the police before and i am petrified of what is going to happen to me. i have just been made redundant from work which i leave on friday it has all come at the worst possible time.

do you know what sort of sentence i am likely to get? ban, fine, prisionment etc?

also should i have a solicitor present on thursday with me or wait for the adjournment if that is what i should do?

You should consult with a solicitor and have one present on thursday and/or follow the advice you were given by the barrister you consulted.

The sentence you are likely to receive for failing to provide a specimen for analysis will depend on the facts and evidence of your particular case and any mitigating and aggravating factors. The fact that you were involved in an accident will be classed as an aggravating factor and suggests your driving ability was seriously impaired and makes the offence all the more serious.

You will receive a driving ban of between 12 - 36 months, in addition you could receive a fine, community service or imprisonment.

A solicitor who has examined all evidence and facts surrounding your case will be in a better position to advise you on the sentence you are likely to receive.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off