In Court on May 20th...

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi All,

I am in court on May 20th for Drink Driving.

I am begining to start about my defence, not that I have any. Or even deserve any.

I was just wondering if anybody here has or knows anyone who has ever got off with just "points on their license" for a first ever offence,of any kind with the Law.

I regret my actions so badly, I hate myself, especially as I drive for a living and have a disabled child.

It was totally selfish of me to behave in this manner, It really was a mistake.

I am preparing some good character statements from respected people whom I know. And I totally appauled by my actions that night.

But would this remorse be enough to see me maybe get 11 points on my licence, and not lose it.

Or is it gonna take a miracle of "Houdini" proportions to save this licence from being taken off me for a year.

These are certain things, I am feeling right now,

1. I will never Drink and Drive again. Regardless of what happens In court.

2. I am glad this all nearly over, the last 6 weeks have been horrendous. And it is all my own fault. But I never want to put myself in this predicament again. And I wont either.

Any one fancy a chat, I am around, to talk if needed.

Best Regards,

The Village Idiot.

You will get a ban without doubt & the best solicitor in the world will not get you off.
I drove to a charity event last March on behalf of my own business there were 4 off us in a convertible I did the sensible thing 3 shandys then the coke (no I did not snort it the drink I meant:))
On the way to drop of our friends we called back at our house for some reason then we proceeded to take the guests home but in my old car this car had not been used for 3 months the policy had expired by 3 days
I pulled over to let an ambulance past & there was a police car following I was pulled & prosecuted I believe the standard fine was 6 points & £250
I took legal advice & the fine was increased to £400 I was brethalysed as a matter of course & the meter actually showed zero.
But if you go into town on a Saturday night & kick **** out of some body & then fight the police then one of these smarmy ******* solicitors will get you off with a caution or a £50 fine.So dont waste your money on a solicitor & just take the ban .british justice eh:mad:

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off