I will probably fail my urine drug test

Convicted Driver Insurance

hobobanobo

Thought this may be useful for someone to read. Also if anyone has any experience from a failed urine test for cocaine od appreciate the input. I took mine today which was a suprise, thought it was second alcohol blood test. Had cocaine on friday night, urine taken monday at 2pm
Rip licence for another year i suppose. So mad, I'd gone 3 years clean to mess it up on the last hurdle due to peer pressure at a party. But anyway, good luck guys.

Hi can somebody help me please!
I have received a letter from dvla saying they have received information about a medical condition,i have no medical condition but i used to smoke cannabis.. I am clean now and have been for a while. Im just wondering if the dvla automatically take your license before attending the medical if you tell them you have smoked cannabis in the last 3 years. Please if anyone can shed some light would be much appreciated.

FIRST OFF, never mention any prior use of drugs or alcohol misuse, ever. They propper shaft you. All they do is tick boxes and those are red flags. Passed my drink driving medical but like an odiot admitted to smoking a joint 2 years ago, wanted to be honest, figured it would show im not lying about other stuff.
This delayed me a further year. Had 2 other medical checks. The second for urinde drug misuse problem tests. Its a complete joke really.
Bottom line. U will have to be assesed by your gp no doubt. And hope they then dont send you for a further urine test. They likely will. And with all the delays its like 8 weeks vetween writtem rellies and booked appointments so its a long road. Just keep ur chin up. Limit to just a few drinks a month and dont smoke weed or do drugs at all. They show for a month at least. Cant hide it.
Not worth the pain of a further ban for a year if tested positive. I messed up and took a bag of coke 3 days before what i thought was second blood test for alcohol (not had a drink in months)
But they suprised me with a drug test so i will likely fail and be off the road for a 4th year. If im lucky the stress of ot all wont drive me crazy and i may have a LITTLE hair left by the time i get back ok the road. Keep your chin up guys its brutal I know. Stay focused and dont let them get you down. One day at a time.

First was blood and questions.
I admitted past cannabis use one time. so 6 to 8 weeks later got a letter, they said i have a drug missuse medical condition.
Only because of this i then had to see my own gp. And then after this i was asked to go for urine test. Took an extra year in total From blood test 1 to urine test 1.
I expect if i didnt say i smoked in the past id be driving by now. For months.

First was blood and questions.
I admitted past cannabis use one time. so 6 to 8 weeks later got a letter, they said i have a drug missuse medical condition.
Only because of this i then had to see my own gp. And then after this i was asked to go for urine test. Took an extra year in total From blood test 1 to urine test 1.
I expect if i didnt say i smoked in the past id be driving by now. For months.
They seem to be getting VERY heavy with drug driving now (news) so any admission will be like you say a red flag on all of this whether you were drink driving only.

Hi guys,

I recently had my urine test with the DVLA. I smoked prior for about 5 - 6months, around twice a day. I was very athletic during these 5 - 6 running 5KM every 2days and attending boxing classes regularly. I stopped smoking for 2months an 2weeks (75days).

I am a 28 year old male with a low metabolism, fit an healthy and upped my water intake as soon as I new the test was coming up, so from week one.

On day 5 of no weed i tested myself with a 50MG home urine test kit and failed. I know this was too early however I just wanted to see if the test was working.

But week 8 I had bought 15MG test kits online and passed all 5. I went into the test feeling comfortable, but there was still a little doubt. Maybe just my anxiety kicking in or me looking for a piece of mind. I have spoken to speak to Frank and many other cannabis advice lines an they think from what I've told them I would pass. But of course they are saying don't take there word for it which is understandable.

Initially, I made this post just to find out what the cut off level for THC is when doing the urine medical test for the DVLA? DVLA would not tell me this information an neither would the laboratory that they use (SYNLAB).

I have been told the cut off level is 5MG, 10MG, 2MG & 15MG.

Could someone please confirm and contact me asap.

sclachar94@hotmail.co.uk

07306 168869

If You went 8 weeks you dont need to worry. Dont be near passive smoke either though.
Not sure what the cut off is. I know it was 200ug for cocaine. And I failed after 4 fays of taking, at something over 2000ug
So the tests are pretty good but as long as you eat well, drink well and exercise. Sleep well a cpuple days before. You should be fine. Especially passing multiple. Home tests.
I Smoked a joint about 6 weeks prior to my test, it didnt show at all on the results.

You would think the cut offs are easy to find. The arnt.

Good luck.

Hi. My mate has got a urine test coming up in few days. He wondered if he would get strip searched before the test or if they stand and watch you pee. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi. My mate has got a urine test coming up in few days. He wondered if he would get strip searched before the test or if they stand and watch you pee. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
I was given the vial, sent to the toilet.
He stood outside the door. No strip search.
If its not his pee, it needs to be the right temp. Id say have it strapped to his inner crotch for an hour or two and empty the bag with a cut corner. I'm sure he wasnlistening. And the vial had a sensetive temperature reading on it.

Last edited:
I was given the vial, sent to the toilet.
He stood outside the door. No strip search.
If its not his pee, it needs to be the right temp. Id say have it strapped to his inner crotch for an hour or two and empty the bag with a cut corner. I'm sure he wasnlistening. And the vial had a sensetive temperature reading on it.
Thank you for your quick reply and info. Much appreciated.

They didn't strip Search me just stood outside the door.. how long has he been cleab for

Passed the urine drug test. But now they want a blood alcohol CDT test. I drink every weekend like a lot of people but not thru the week. Gonna have a week off the drink before the test in 11 days. Will that be enough to drop the CDT levels below their 1.6 standard? Any answers greatly appreciated. Thanks

Passed the urine drug test. But now they want a blood alcohol CDT test. I drink every weekend like a lot of people but not thru the week. Gonna have a week off the drink before the test in 11 days. Will that be enough to drop the CDT levels below their 1.6 standard? Any answers greatly appreciated. Thanks
Cut it out completely do some excersise to break a sweat. Drink tonnes but normal.amount on the day of the test so its not diluted. Sleep well. Eat fresh food. You will be fine.
They really just look for serious alcohol abuse. 11 should be be ok to drop the levels.

I wouldn’t have thought a week would be sufficient. You say it’s 11 days away, are you staying off the drink for the whole 11 days? I suspect you might have to for your Transferrin levels to decrease sufficiently. Really depends on how much you drink Every weekend. When I was drinking many moons ago, I used to smash it at weekends, god knows what my CDT level would have been back then. My own personal opinion is, if you have any doubt whatsoever then re book. Or call covid, as I’m sure many others have done. Because if you fail, you could get knocked back for another year.

I wouldn’t have thought a week would be sufficient. You say it’s 11 days away, are you staying off the drink for the whole 11 days? I suspect you might have to for your Transferrin levels to decrease sufficiently. Really depends on how much you drink Every weekend. When I was drinking many moons ago, I used to smash it at weekends, god knows what my CDT level would have been back then. My own personal opinion is, if you have any doubt whatsoever then re book. Or call covid, as I’m sure many others have done. Because if you fail, you could get knocked back for another year.
Thats a good point. If u are genuinely worried you will fail re book. I should have done that with my drug test. I will regret not doing for the next 11 months. But I think you should know if you will fail. Anything over a fortnightly binge and a beer or two after work now and again isnt great odds at short notice. Couple of weeks is close to being enough time to really bring the levels down though

Thought this may be useful for someone to read. Also if anyone has any experience from a failed urine test for cocaine od appreciate the input. I took mine today which was a suprise, thought it was second alcohol blood test. Had cocaine on friday night, urine taken monday at 2pm
Rip licence for another year i suppose. So mad, I'd gone 3 years clean to mess it up on the last hurdle due to peer pressure at a party. But anyway, good luck guys.

FIRST OFF, never mention any prior use of drugs or alcohol misuse, ever. They propper shaft you. All they do is tick boxes and those are red flags. Passed my drink driving medical but like an odiot admitted to smoking a joint 2 years ago, wanted to be honest, figured it would show im not lying about other stuff.
This delayed me a further year. Had 2 other medical checks. The second for urinde drug misuse problem tests. Its a complete joke really.
Bottom line. U will have to be assesed by your gp no doubt. And hope they then dont send you for a further urine test. They likely will. And with all the delays its like 8 weeks vetween writtem rellies and booked appointments so its a long road. Just keep ur chin up. Limit to just a few drinks a month and dont smoke weed or do drugs at all. They show for a month at least. Cant hide it.
Not worth the pain of a further ban for a year if tested positive. I messed up and took a bag of coke 3 days before what i thought was second blood test for alcohol (not had a drink in months)
But they suprised me with a drug test so i will likely fail and be off the road for a 4th year. If im lucky the stress of ot all wont drive me crazy and i may have a LITTLE hair left by the time i get back ok the road. Keep your chin up guys its brutal I know. Stay focused and dont let
them get you down. One day at a time.

Hi I had a urine test for the DVLA on 01/08/2022.

After not receiving my results after 2months and phoning countless times. They have now told me when I phoned today, that they have sent a letter out to my house an I need to sign it to authorize them to contact my GP. I have not received this letter yet but what more could they possibly want. I relapsed abit too. An now it just even more annoying having to wait again!!

Does anyone know what to expect from the authorized letter onwards??

Does this mean I have failed??

Hi I had a urine test for the DVLA on 01/08/2022.

After not receiving my results after 2months and phoning countless times. They have now told me when I phoned today, that they have sent a letter out to my house an I need to sign it to authorize them to contact my GP. I have not received this letter yet but what more could they possibly want. I relapsed abit too. An now it just even more annoying having to wait again!!

Does anyone know what to expect from the authorized letter onwards??

Will they ask me to another test ??

Does this mean I have failed??

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off