I want to apply for my licence but I heard do not send any application because of corona

Convicted Driver Insurance

joe pasha

Well Known Member
I am unemployed and recently returned from abroad.
My drink driving ban is finished and I can Legally apply for licence, because of corona I heard to not send any application until further notice!

I really need to get my licence back to get back to work.
The work I do is, I need to drive to work
I am very confused and angry ? and not sure what to do?

please advice me what Is the best things to do?
Any number that I can ring to explain my situation?
thanks

I am unemployed and recently returned from abroad.
My drink driving ban is finished and I can Legally apply for licence, because of corona I heard to not send any application until further notice!

I really need to get my licence back to get back to work.
The work I do is, I need to drive to work
I am very confused and angry ? and not sure what to do?

please advice me what Is the best things to do?
Any number that I can ring to explain my situation?
thanks
Hi joe my ban finished yesterday,I sent my application in 2 weeks ago,tracked delivery,and am planning on phoning up each week.god only knows when I will receive my licence.good job I don't need a medical.

Hi neebob
Mine finished almost 3 months ago and I was in abroad and my fam which I asked to apply they did not, I have even fill out the application and sent to my fam but they did not!

I’ve returned home almost 4 weeks ago and I heard to not apply coz they won’t give you
Apparently they are busy and we are not their first priority!
But I am unemployed and don’t want to go to job Centre and those things ...
I’ve found a job and I just drive to work otherwise I’ll be stuck here !?
Good luck to you and please keep us updated if you have heard anything back.
Meantime other people give us (Me)some tips what do I need to do?

I rang DVLA this afternoon.I am HRO and was due to get my licence back on 6/07/2020 before Covid 19.

Spoke to a helpful lady today who said my application was with the medical team. Another 25 minutes waiting for the transferred call to be answered to be told there are no doctors doing medicals and they don't know how long before there will be any advancements. They told me they issued a letter stating this which was sent June 8th. I am a key worker (education) but not NHS or HGV. I have explained this each time I have rung DVLA just to ensure I am not ringing when I shouldn't and they approved my call and key worker status.

I sent my paper application around 1 month ago with my fee for the medical. They confirmed receipt of the application and said I am basically just waiting for doctors now. I would be inclined to send in a paper application but its not a straightforward situation and I think Wales is still in full lockdown.

Not sure if this post will help or not. I hope it will help some however.

My case doesn’t need any medical check
All I need to pay the fee and getting my licence back.
I am consider myself as a key worker
Because I have to drive to my new job as I am not working currently since I have returned from overseas!
I don’t drive for fun or etc… I need my licence to drive to work
Otherwise this is really killing me and having a tough time
Could you tell me what number have you contact ple
I rang DVLA this afternoon.I am HRO and was due to get my licence back on 6/07/2020 before Covid 19.

Spoke to a helpful lady today who said my application was with the medical team. Another 25 minutes waiting for the transferred call to be answered to be told there are no doctors doing medicals and they don't know how long before there will be any advancements. They told me they issued a letter stating this which was sent June 8th. I am a key worker (education) but not NHS or HGV. I have explained this each time I have rung DVLA just to ensure I am not ringing when I shouldn't and they approved my call and key worker status.

I sent my paper application around 1 month ago with my fee for the medical. They confirmed receipt of the application and said I am basically just waiting for doctors now. I would be inclined to send in a paper application but its not a straightforward situation and I think Wales is still in full lockdown.

Not sure if this post will help or not. I hope it will help some however.

My case doesn’t need any medical check
All I need to pay the fee and getting my licence back.
I am consider myself as a key worker
Because I have to drive to my new job as I am not working currently since I have returned from overseas!
I don’t drive for fun or etc… I need my licence to drive to work
Otherwise this is really killing me and having a tough time
Could you tell me what number have you contact please?

Hi all , what telephone number do you call to check on the status of your application?

Isn't that a bit premature, you posted 6 days ago that you were going to send off your application at the end of next month....
even if you sent it of a couple of days later they would hardly have had time to receive it yet!
The reason I say this is that if everyone rings DVLA with their limited service at the moment it will stop those who really need to be chasing them about undue delays will have more trouble getting through. Normal applications for HRO medical applications used to take 2-3 weeks to produce a response so you should wait at least that long before tying up their telephone system.

Not the person you were a
talking to....

Not sure what this means?
I was referring to your post last Sunday at 4pm:
“Thanks , I suppose it is all down to the person , its a bit daunting I think I will send off my application the end of next month to be sure , after reading some of the things on the forum most people just answered no to all of the questions on the questionnaire,”

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off