I sent off for my license waiting on medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

N3mo

I sent off for my license application and provided my passport number with a cheque of £90 how long does it take for them to invite you for an medical plus any tips to pass the medical been dropless for about two week and take milk thistle now and again any other advice would be helpful plus how much did you pay the DVLA DOCTOR it said £100 + vat

It varies a lot. I sent my application off between Xmas and New Year, 2021. I've still not heard anything back about booking a medical. I am an HRO though, and they will be making enquiries with my GP at some point.

I sent off for my license application and provided my passport number with a cheque of £90 how long does it take for them to invite you for an medical plus any tips to pass the medical been dropless for about two week and take milk thistle now and again any other advice would be helpful plus how much did you pay the DVLA DOCTOR it said £100 + vat
I paid mine £98.50

It varies a lot. I sent my application off between Xmas and New Year, 2021. I've still not heard anything back about booking a medical. I am an HRO though, and they will be making enquiries with my GP at some point.
Thats a long wait to be honest.whens your ban due to end??

It took me 12 weeks until I was invited to a medical and I think it cost me £90 odd pound with no VAT for the medical. Keep an eye on when they cash your cheque - they cashed mine a week before I got the letter so that may give an indication

Hi. Don't want to worry you but here is my timeline.

It took 210 days from application to licence issue. 9 weeks of that were down to my GP taking his time replying.

From more recent posts, nothing much has changed.

ACTIONDAYSCOMMENT
Licence Applied For
15/07/2021​
Application form Rec'd from DVLA
27/07/2021​
Called
24/08/2021​
Cheque Cashed
31/08/2021​
Called
03/09/2021​
Medical Letter Received
14/09/2021​
Medical
30/09/2021​
Driving Ban Ends
12/10/2021​
89Date when my driving ban ended.
Called
19/10/2021​
96Told by handler that everything had been received and was with medical section
Called
12/11/2021​
120Told the CDT DR1 form was missing and that Doctor had been contacted - 1.5 hour call
Called Doctor - Glasgow Medical Rooms
12/11/2021​
120They sent everything back on the 30th Sept stapled together. They have received NO communication from DVLA regarding missing forms
Called DVLA again
13/11/2021​
121Told that 'everything was in hand' and I would be contacted asap. No idea what that means or where this leaves myself.
Called Doctor to see if DVLA had been in touch with them.
17/11/2021​
125No contact from DVLA but was told that they had a copy of my form on file and they would Fax it to DVLA today. This is contrary to what they told me last week when they said they do not retain copies. This info could have been faxed on the 12/22/2021. Not happy.
Letter from DVLA dated 16/11/2021 saying they had writtent to my GP.
19/11/2021​
127Received a letter from DVLA dated the 16th November saying they now had all the information from the Dr. who carried out my DVLA medical and that they had written to my GP for additional health info. Strange that when I called on the 12th November I was told the CDT DR1 from was missing and it was only on the 17th November that Dr. faxed it to the DVLA again. Someone, somewhere is telling porkies.
GP confirmed they had received a letter from DVLA
01/12/2021​
GP returned letter to DVLA
24/01/2022​
Contacted DVLA
03/02/2022​
203Letter not yet on system. Takes 10 days from receipt. Told to call back then.
Licence Returned
10/02/2022​
2101 year licence - but who cares.

Good evening

Well my 12 month temporary licence expired in January 2022. My D1 was sent in late October 2021 (recorded delivery to Swansea). I then recieved a A4 medical questionnaire through the post week the following week. This was completed and returned on the 9th November 2021 to Swansea (via recorded delivery too, as I don't trust anyone in the DVLA!).

Its now coming up to 6 months since the last form was sent to the DVLA and I have not heard diddily squat. Fortunately, I am lucky enough to use Section 88 in the meantime, but I can appreciate other forum members don't have that convenience.

It is quite appalling what is going on with the DVLA but sadly they seem to be an unregulated organisation who can operate in any way they want.

CJ

Good evening

Well my 12 month temporary licence expired in January 2022. My D1 was sent in late October 2021 (recorded delivery to Swansea). I then recieved a A4 medical questionnaire through the post week the following week. This was completed and returned on the 9th November 2021 to Swansea (via recorded delivery too, as I don't trust anyone in the DVLA!).

Its now coming up to 6 months since the last form was sent to the DVLA and I have not heard diddily squat. Fortunately, I am lucky enough to use Section 88 in the meantime, but I can appreciate other forum members don't have that convenience.

It is quite appalling what is going on with the DVLA but sadly they seem to be an unregulated organisation who can operate in any way they want.

CJ
Hopefully not too much longer CJ. As you are aware, my licence ran out July 2021, I drove on s88 until December when I had my medical, they sent my full licence back in January - so 6 months after was due.

If they still on same kind of time lines, you should hopefully get your medical in May with your unrestricted licence back in June!

Good luck mate, take it all in your stride!!!!

Hi. Don't want to worry you but here is my timeline.

It took 210 days from application to licence issue. 9 weeks of that were down to my GP taking his time replying.

From more recent posts, nothing much has changed.

ACTIONDAYSCOMMENT
Licence Applied For
15/07/2021​
Application form Rec'd from DVLA
27/07/2021​
Called
24/08/2021​
Cheque Cashed
31/08/2021​
Called
03/09/2021​
Medical Letter Received
14/09/2021​
Medical
30/09/2021​
Driving Ban Ends
12/10/2021​
89Date when my driving ban ended.
Called
19/10/2021​
96Told by handler that everything had been received and was with medical section
Called
12/11/2021​
120Told the CDT DR1 form was missing and that Doctor had been contacted - 1.5 hour call
Called Doctor - Glasgow Medical Rooms
12/11/2021​
120They sent everything back on the 30th Sept stapled together. They have received NO communication from DVLA regarding missing forms
Called DVLA again
13/11/2021​
121Told that 'everything was in hand' and I would be contacted asap. No idea what that means or where this leaves myself.
Called Doctor to see if DVLA had been in touch with them.
17/11/2021​
125No contact from DVLA but was told that they had a copy of my form on file and they would Fax it to DVLA today. This is contrary to what they told me last week when they said they do not retain copies. This info could have been faxed on the 12/22/2021. Not happy.
Letter from DVLA dated 16/11/2021 saying they had writtent to my GP.
19/11/2021​
127Received a letter from DVLA dated the 16th November saying they now had all the information from the Dr. who carried out my DVLA medical and that they had written to my GP for additional health info. Strange that when I called on the 12th November I was told the CDT DR1 from was missing and it was only on the 17th November that Dr. faxed it to the DVLA again. Someone, somewhere is telling porkies.
GP confirmed they had received a letter from DVLA
01/12/2021​
GP returned letter to DVLA
24/01/2022​
Contacted DVLA
03/02/2022​
203Letter not yet on system. Takes 10 days from receipt. Told to call back then.
Licence Returned
10/02/2022​
2101 year licence - but who cares.
How did you track everything I sent mine out for special delivery and have got the reference number

How did you track everything I sent mine out for special delivery and have got the reference number
I simply kept a spreadsheet of the critical dates. ANytime I called I noted it. Anytime I received correspondence I noted the date. I also recorded the date of the Medical. SHould be fairly straight forward.

Your Recorded Delivery ref no. will only tell you when the DVLA receives your application. If you sent a cheque, then you will see the date it is cashed in your bank account.

Not sure about a Postal Order.

I simply kept a spreadsheet of the critical dates. ANytime I called I noted it. Anytime I received correspondence I noted the date. I also recorded the date of the Medical. SHould be fairly straight forward.

Your Recorded Delivery ref no. will only tell you when the DVLA receives your application. If you sent a cheque, then you will see the date it is cashed in your bank account.

Not sure about a Postal Order.
Still not received anything back from them

Good evening

CJ

It was the same story for me, CJ. Similar timing too (and of course recorded delivery). License expired September last year, paperwork was sent to me beginning of July.

I’ve literally only just had my medical. Now waiting on the results.

Perhaps it’s because we’re Section 88 it throws us to the bottom of the pile, and they’re prioritising those who’s bans are up. Otherwise it renders the drink driving awareness courses nothing short of a scam if there is no benefit to doing them; courtesy of DVLA inefficiency.

Whatever the reason, it’s absolutely phucking useless, and yet another reason I’m ashamed of this country and what an utter shambles it is rapidly becoming. There isn’t a single government department that looks fit for purpose at the moment, meanwhile we’re throwing money at problems that aren’t ours (after throwing it at get-rich quick schemes for those who knew how to play the system well enough during COVID). All the while ordinary people starve and sit freezing in their homes. And it isn’t going to get any better soon. Anyway, rant over!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off