i pray i pass the dvla medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

maximus

hi there I got done for drink driving for 26 months a blew 108 I have never had a drink since and will never have one again put me right of, I thought I was having just a blood test but its turns out that im having a full medical I really don't no if im gunna get through this , I take 30 mg of diazepam split through the day aswell as 75 mg of quitiapine although im far from pscychotic then 150 mg of venlafaxine at night I was on 60 mg of diazepam when my partner died in a freak accident 3 years ago I didn't use to drink much then but hit the pubs bigtime when that happened I also yake 3.5 mg of zopiclone when needed , I have turned my life around in the last year and have won several big golf comps and pool comps my problems after I got over my partner dieing I devoleped bad health anxiety as I had high cholesterol I devoleped a fear of heart attacks which was frightening but since I got that down my mental state is in a way better place I no longer suffer from much anxiety and depression that's why we are getting the tablets down do I have much chance of passing

The likelihood is that when you inform the Doctor at your medical about the medication that you are taking, DVLA will then check with your own GP to see what they think about your medical state. They look at your history over the past 3 years, and you seem to have had a lot going on in that time.
i would suggest that you see your own doctor first to see what they would be likely to say in response to an enquiry from DVLA. The medical costs about £95, and there is no point in paying that fee if you will not get your doctors support with your application.
Drinking alcohol for you would be a big no-no anyway, with the medication that you are taking, but the impact of medication on fitness to drive is also taken into account.

I don't drink at all the dr has said he is gunna fill out the for to say how much my mental health has improved and that he doesn't see these drugs making me drowsy he has said though that he can not garuntee that on these meds im 100% fit to drive even though he had me on a much higher dose and new I was drinking at the time this is when I started to loose my cool a bit, what the hell have I just paid 155 to reduce my licence by 6 months to fail the medical after paying for it then you have to wait another 6 months to have another medical and my gp recons im getting near the min dose im gunna be on so aew we saying im never gunna drive again I can understand if id just started these drugs but I was on them for years plus booze and a higher dose of meds its put me on a right downer as I need van/car for my business wish my dr would grow some balls yeh I have an x anxiety depression issue so would he probally if his mrs tripped over a scaffolding pole and choked herself on the fence but ive recovered from that now and am getting a lot better

If your doctor tells DVLA that with your meds he can't be sure you are completely fit to drive, I fear that you may well fail the medical.
Can you talk to the doctor about a timescale for reducing your dosage? 30mg of Diazepam daily is still quite high.
I am not familiar with Zopiclone, but a web search throws this up:
"Zopiclone induces amnesia type memory impairments similar to triazolam and Rohypnol. Impairment of driving skills with a resultant increased risk of road traffic accidents is probably the most important side effect. This side effect is not unique to zopiclone but also occurs with other hypnotic drugs. A study assessing the impact of zopiclone on driving skills the next day found that the impairments on driving skills are double that of a social dose of alcohol."

Also, in respect of your Quetiapine:
"
Quetiapine may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert."

It may well be that if you can reduce or eliminate one drug, it will do away with the need to take another one of your 'mix'. You have clearly made big improvements in your situation and I hope that you continue to improve. Let us know what happens when you take the medical.

this is what I mean im not gunna pay for the medical if I no im gunna fail it waste of time my dr is already said he cant be 100% sure that im fit to drive its just a waste of everyones time and money

maximus has not been on this site for over 5 years, so I think we will never know....!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off