I have another question

Convicted Driver Insurance

Vickystone072

Well Known Member
If my LFTS were normal at end of July and my medical wont be until January - I’m not dependant but had a wobble this year and I stopped abruptly after doctor said mine were raised doEd the date count from a normal lft test or when you have the medical please it’s confusing

DVLA do not consider a wobble or a blip when addressing alcohol issues, especially with raised LFTs you will be classed either dependant or misuse and with medical evidence regarding your LFTs your most likely to be classed dependant, dependance `or misuse will start from the end of the DVLA investigation and you will be notified by letter ,,,,,,

DVLA do not consider a wobble or a blip when addressing alcohol issues, especially with raised LFTs you will be classed either dependant or misuse and with medical evidence regarding your LFTs your most likely to be classed dependant, dependance `or misuse will start from the end of the DVLA investigation and you will be notified by letter ,,,,,,
Unfair really me thinks have had a full time job for 4 years and it’s management surely if I was dependant then I wouldn’t be able to work!

Yes and I agree, however it's not the way the DVLA look at it, any alcohol issues are taken very seriously at DVLA and this is why a temp licence is issued, so that they can keep an eye on us over the coming years, however with raised LFTs yours will be the GGT (gama gt) the enzyme concerned with excessive drinking,persistent drinking or harmful drinking then you have proved to DVLA and your GP that you were drinking heavily which DVLA will quite possibly mark you as dependant.....

Yes and I agree, however it's not the way the DVLA look at it, any alcohol issues are taken very seriously at DVLA and this is why a temp licence is issued, so that they can keep an eye on us over the coming years, however with raised LFTs yours will be the GGT (gama gt) the enzyme concerned with excessive drinking,persistent drinking or harmful drinking then you have proved to DVLA and your GP that you were drinking heavily which DVLA will quite possibly mark you as dependant.....
Oh I see but do they not just put your last one on there the Gp I mean as that was normal within 3 weeks of blip

They will want all results of your LFTs and units consumed if you've disclosed them to the GP, the medical form DD2 will cover all your LFT results and all your alcohol history documented with your GP, from this evidence supplied to them and your DVLA medical they will be able to make a decision wether to licence you or not and class you into dependance or misuse catergory, which ever catergory you are classed into will carry the 6/12 months abstination, however if you have abstination medical evidence to support your application then they may take this into consideration and issue you a 1 year temp licence, which ever way you look at it you will get a 1 year temp licence because you have alcohol issues documented with your GP, if they do class you as dependant you can never admit to a drink again otherwise DVLA will revoke your licence and 12 months abstination will be required again ,,,,,

They will want all results of your LFTs and units consumed if you've disclosed them to the GP, the medical form DD2 will cover all your LFT results and all your alcohol history documented with your GP, from this evidence supplied to them and your DVLA medical they will be able to make a decision wether to licence you or not and class you into dependance or misuse catergory, which ever catergory you are classed into will carry the 6/12 months abstination, however if you have abstination medical evidence to support your application then they may take this into consideration and issue you a 1 year temp licence, which ever way you look at it you will get a 1 year temp licence because you have alcohol issues documented with your GP, if they do class you as dependant you can never admit to a drink again otherwise DVLA will revoke your licence and 12 months abstination will be required again ,,,,,
Thanks do you know how long medical are taking I got my letter yesterday

Usually when you phone for an appointment they are 3/4 weeks away, but with the pandemic they are varying around the country, but the sooner you make it the better because these appointments are like gold dust at the moment ....

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off