I am not a High Risk Offender, but…. CDT test??

Convicted Driver Insurance

Flatline

Firstly, thank you for letting me join the group… I am hoping to find some help here!!

I am not a high risk offender, I have never been convicted of an alcohol related offence and never had my license taken away.

Recently I received a surprise letter from the DVLA, telling me that my licence had been revoked - effective from the date of the letter!! According to the DVLA website I should have received a letter giving me 21-days notice - but nothing has been received.

The basis of their decision was apparently information supplied by my doctor that I was consuming 40 units a week, information supplied by me during a telephone consultation - I am not a medical professional so how can I know what a unit of alcohol is…

It seems that this question had been asked after I successfully passed my HGV medical renewal back in September 2021, where it was noted that I had previously enjoyed alcohol, but had been within acceptable consumption limits for a year.

I am now battling to get my license back, given that the decision had been made to revoke it based on mis-information supplied by myself…

The DVLA are now writing to my doctor, given that I am not a high risk offender can they still ask for a CDT test??

Firstly, thank you for letting me join the group… I am hoping to find some help here!!

I am not a high risk offender, I have never been convicted of an alcohol related offence and never had my license taken away.

Recently I received a surprise letter from the DVLA, telling me that my licence had been revoked - effective from the date of the letter!! According to the DVLA website I should have received a letter giving me 21-days notice - but nothing has been received.

The basis of their decision was apparently information supplied by my doctor that I was consuming 40 units a week, information supplied by me during a telephone consultation - I am not a medical professional so how can I know what a unit of alcohol is…

It seems that this question had been asked after I successfully passed my HGV medical renewal back in September 2021, where it was noted that I had previously enjoyed alcohol, but had been within acceptable consumption limits for a year.

I am now battling to get my license back, given that the decision had been made to revoke it based on mis-information supplied by myself…

The DVLA are now writing to my doctor, given that I am not a high risk offender can they still ask for a CDT test??
They may well ask you to undertake a medical which may include a a CDT test. Your doctor has informed them that you are drinking excessively and well over the recommended 14 units a week. What does your licence information show on the DVLA website.

They may well ask you to undertake a medical which may include a a CDT test. Your doctor has informed them that you are drinking excessively and well over the recommended 14 units a week. What does your licence information show on the DVLA website.
That I have no current driving entitlement…

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off