I’ve been caught driving and had thc in system

Convicted Driver Insurance

Mateusz98

Today I’ve been pulled over and had thc test taken unfortunately I was over the limit so they took me for blood test now I’m waiting for the results I haven’t been charged just put under investigation.

I have smoked but day before and had good sleep since I wasn’t feeling high at all and I do smoke quite often.

Any ideas what could happen to me?

Drug driving is a strict liability offence. This means that the offence is made out when you are found to be driving over the prescribed limit. The legal limit for THC (cannabis), is 2mg per 100ml of blood.

It can take several weeks for the blood results to come back. If the reading is under 2mg this would put you under the prescribed limit. However, if the reading is 2mg and above, this would render you liable for a charge of drug driving.

Substances like THC are not like alcohol, where it can be estimated when this may exit your system. Drugs can take up to a number of days to break down, and could remain in your system for some time if you regularly smoke the substance.

If your reading is over the limit, the minimum penalty that the court can impose is a 12 month driving disqualification and a fine, if this is a first offence. The circumstances surrounding the offence may also be taken into account by the court.

Should you wish to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our motoring team on 0333 009 3829.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off