I’m being told 2 different things ?

Convicted Driver Insurance
My section 88 ran out on 9th February, dvla received the new D1 on 25th January they know too they have it there telling me , however it’s not been scanned onto system.
I’ve been ringing everyday this week as 3 weeks was yesterday but now there quoting 5 weeks

Now this is where I’m being told 2 different things
1 - has to be scanned onto system before I can drive
2 - I’m being told more ( including today ) that I have the proof my application is there I have the tracking number and signature proving it is at Swansea , that’s my proof they are in a receipt of a license application in the last 12 months as long as I continue to meet section 88 points like I have been the last 12 months I can continue to drive

I’m so confused can I drive or not

My section 88 ran out on 9th February, dvla received the new D1 on 25th January they know too they have it there telling me , however it’s not been scanned onto system.
I’ve been ringing everyday this week as 3 weeks was yesterday but now there quoting 5 weeks

2 - I’m being told more ( including today ) that I have the proof my application is there I have the tracking number and signature proving it is at Swansea , that’s my proof they are in a receipt of a license application in the last 12 months as long as I continue to meet section 88 points like I have been the last 12 months I can continue to drive

I always thought it had to be scanned onto the system that way it confirms the application to renew is live others can give more accurate advice on this. Big tom/CJ or honestman would know 100% the correct answer.

I was fortunate that I did my long awaited DVLA medical on the 31st January 2023, ten days after I went past the one year anniversary of using Section 88.

I had sent a new D1 in October last year (2022) to 'renew' my driving licence application, but not long afterwards, I recieved word to book my DVLA medical which kind of help to justify using the Section 88 if it did go beyond the 12 months.

I actually used S.88 for 55 weeks in total, before I received my next driving licence in the post. My GP stated in my most recent medical questionaire (dated November 2022), that there was no concerns with me driving, so this kind of help to justify using S.88 for those additional three weeks.

CJ

Last edited:
It seams to be a very grey area where I carnt find the answer.
I know there’s no concerns re me driving dvla sent me to my own doctors for a medical in December but didn’t want the bloods doing.
Thought that was strange at the time but went paperwork filled in no concerns even doctors was confused why they had sent me.
Now I’ve received letter for another medical and cdt test but cannot book an appointment cus that doctors won’t book it you go on a waiting list.
I’ve got dvla telling me two different things re about being able to drive and pushing doctors to try get this medical done but their in no rush meantime I’ve got a special needs child in absolute Dysregulation to the point she’s hurting herself because she’s lost her routine by going in the car and I don’t know if I can drive or not atm and she carnt go on public transport

It seams to be a very grey area where I carnt find the answer.
I know there’s no concerns re me driving dvla sent me to my own doctors for a medical in December but didn’t want the bloods doing.
Thought that was strange at the time but went paperwork filled in no concerns even doctors was confused why they had sent me.
Now I’ve received letter for another medical and cdt test but cannot book an appointment cus that doctors won’t book it you go on a waiting list.
I’ve got dvla telling me two different things re about being able to drive and pushing doctors to try get this medical done but their in no rush meantime I’ve got a special needs child in absolute Dysregulation to the point she’s hurting herself because she’s lost her routine by going in the car and I don’t know if I can drive or not atm and she carnt go on public transport
If you have received a letter to book another medical you are on their system this is the section 88 guidelines below. Personally i would keep a letter in the glove box of the appointment to book another medical from the dvla - a copy or photo showing the dvla have received a tracked letter signed for as proof also if you have anything off your Gp confirming you are medically fit to drive. That should be enough to cover section 88

Here are some scenarios which may help explain how this law could apply to you. I have a medical condition that I have already told the DVLA about. The DVLA gave me a licence when I first declared the condition and my condition has not changed. I have no other new medical conditions. Can I drive? As soon as the DVLA receives your correct and complete application for a new licence and as long as you meet all the Section 88 criteria you may drive.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off