HRO

Convicted Driver Insurance

Emily🙄

I was due to get my drivers license back in January, I still have not applied.
Just wondering

An I able to apply now? Or do I have to do my driving test again?

How long till I get a medical request?

Emily

Last edited:
Just wondering

Emily
What reading did you get if you were high you maybe classed as HRO and required to do a medical. Check online see what status it says on the dvla website if you are HRO get a D1 form from the post office.

I was 4 times over limit
You will be classed as HRO and be required to do a medical. Pickup a D1 form form from the post office as for having to do a retest that only applies in northern ireland unless stated by the courts. I have to do a retest as i was done for dangerous drive as well as DUI

You will be classed as HRO and be required to do a medical. Pickup a D1 form form from the post office as for having to do a retest that only applies in northern ireland unless stated by the courts. I have to do a retest as i was done for dangerous drive as well as DUI
Thank you very kindly, but that’s not the answer to my original question ☺️

Thank you very kindly, but that’s not the answer to my original question ☺️
As the previous reply;

The process can be started 90 days prior to the ban end date, you send a d1 form off to the dvla they then reply with a designated doctor with whom you make an appointment have a blood test and in some cases your gp is asked for additional information.

it’s a lengthy process and in the Uk a retest is not required.

You miss understand my question
What has not been answered ? To answer questions after a DUI conviction we need more Info in a lot of cases. Example - if you were not classed as a high risk offender you would not be required to complete a medical hence the reason i asked what reading did you get. If under 87 that is the cut off point above that makes someone in the HRO bracket.

1) An I able to apply now (Yes) The process can be started 90 days prior to the ban end date

2) do I have to do my driving test again (No) having to do a retest that only applies in northern ireland unless stated by the courts.

3) How long till I get a medical request - Get a D1 form from the post office it’s a lengthy process and in the Uk a retest is not required.

Last edited:
If you where told to do a retest ( driving test ) and that would also mean doing theory test and hazard perception test 1st before any driving test , you would of been informed/ or it would of been said at court so only you would know that Bit , you still would 1st have to apply for the licence back before having to take the ( theory test and hazard perception ) driving test , you end back on a provisional again until test is past then you send of for full licence

On and last question” how long til you get a medical request” I started this renewal February 22 and I only got the medical letter for the medical in January 23, ( it’s being took in March ) so no one can tell you accurately that question because it’s different for everyone dvla work on there own timescales and they are VERY slow for the majority of people

We have all taken the time to answer your post.

I personally find it odd you don’t already know the answer to the cryptic questions we have all answered.

Just wondering

Emily
Based on the very limited information you have supplied, to answer your questions;
An I able to apply now?
Yes
Or do I have to do my driving test again?
Yes if you have been told you have to, otherwise no.
Until you apply you will not know.... As you haven't applied yet, you will not get a medical request through. Once you apply, you can expect a medical somewhere between 1 day and 2 years later!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off