HRO yearly licence

Convicted Driver Insurance

chrism2800

Established Member
Hi,Do all hro,s now just get a temporary licence, and if so are you tested at intervals,plus are you given any notice of this?,Either at the time of your Ist licence or do you have to do another medical near the end of the temporary licence?
I'm planning if and when I get my licence back to do some long overdue travelling and would not like my new licence revoked if I wasnt home if a letter came through, anyone else any similar situations?

Not all HROs are issued with a temp licence but those with past, present or historical alcohol issues registered with the GP will, if a temp licence is issued then 3 months before the end of that licence DVLA will write out to you and your GP and the process is to start again,however if your classed as dependant then liver function tests with your GP throughout the year is a necessary to prove your abstaining from the drink and if your misuse it is a good idea to follow suit to show your not abusing alcohol, and of course regular contact with your GP........

Chrism2800

Just to add to the above - everyone's circumstance is entirely different. What I have seen is that some HRO's get a 12 month temporary licence and have to go through the 'mill' of a annual (yearly) DVLA renewal for up to six years.

One bloke I spoke to a while back, had an appalling history with alcohol, but he was given a five year licence once he had completed his first year back on the road with the one year temporary licence.

CJ

Yes I agree everybody's case is different, and it will depend on your circumstances, once you've proved to DVLA that you don't have alcohol issues then a full 10 year one will be granted, and of course DVLA do use a mild to moderate or severe alcohol problem when considering a licence, I suppose it's their way of kicking us back into line.....

Not all HROs are issued with a temp licence but those with past, present or historical alcohol issues registered with the GP will, if a temp licence is issued then 3 months before the end of that licence DVLA will write out to you and your GP and the process is to start again,however if your classed as dependant then liver function tests with your GP throughout the year is a necessary to prove your abstaining from the drink and if your misuse it is a good idea to follow suit to show your not abusing alcohol, and of course regular contact with your GP........
Hi honestman, I hope your well? I messaged you a while ago with a few questions and I finally got my 1 year licence back then had to do theory and extended test which I did in December, cost a fortune, I just wandered when the licence is due to expire do the jus call you in for a cdt and urine test or do they write to your gp once again?
Kind regards

Hi honestman, I hope your well? I messaged you a while ago with a few questions and I finally got my 1 year licence back then had to do theory and extended test which I did in December, cost a fortune, I just wandered when the licence is due to expire do the jus call you in for a cdt and urine test or do they write to your gp once again?
Kind regards
Hi mate, nice to know you got your licence back, so around about 3 months before your licence is to expire dvla will send you all the necessary paperwork for you to complete and they will write out to your Gp to see if they have any concerns….

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off