HRO no go contact

Convicted Driver Insurance

NCV

Anyone on here HRO and got ur license without them contacting ur GP ???

I'm wondering why some do and some dont??

I think we all want that answer. I've had my licence back a year nearly and was HRO and they didn't contact my GP. My 10 year licence was issued just over 2 weeks after my medical.

It has been known to happen. People with zero medical history of documented or recorded alcohol/drug misuse have been known to get a full 10 year licence without the DVLA contacting the GP.

The DVLA do like contacting GP's anyway just for verification to double check the candidate has been truthful with their answers. It's very much down to the member of staff at Swansea assigned to your HRO case and a judgement call on their part.

CJ

It has been known to happen. People with zero medical history of documented or recorded alcohol/drug misuse have been known to get a full 10 year licence without the DVLA contacting the GP.

The DVLA do like contacting GP's anyway just for verification to double check the candidate has been truthful with their answers. It's very much down to the member of staff at Swansea assigned to your HRO case and a judgement call on their part.

CJ
Just to equal that out....highlighting the lack of consistency with DVLA. I seen some on here with horrendous recent issues, make claim that their GP's weren't even contacted. So regardless of circumstances, there just is no rhyme or reason to decision making with DVLA. Nothing anyone can tell you on here can be taken as gospel unfortunately. I think its just a case by case basis. Or maybe some quota that has to be adhered to. Kind of like engineering, where you check maybe 1 in 10 components to see if they are still in tolerance. Only DVLA and God knows the answer to that question.

CJ
I had to answer yes to two questions, accident due to alcohol consumption, even though I'd only had 1 glass of wine. I consumed further alcohol at my home address where I was subsequently breathalysed tested, but there was no point in arguing. And also my GP had put on my record "suspected misuse" 6 years ago. Something I vehemently denied, and yet the GP would not remove it. Plus I have NAFLD non alcoholic fatty liver disease. As that would suggest, due to my age, sedentary lifestyle and bad diet. It's at level zero, it was only a minute amount picked up on an ultrasound. So here we are, I'm pretty sure the DVLA will contact my GP, but you never really know.

I had to answer yes to two questions, accident due to alcohol consumption, even though I'd only had 1 glass of wine. I consumed further alcohol at my home address where I was subsequently breathalysed tested, but there was no point in arguing. And also my GP had put on my record "suspected misuse" 6 years ago. Something I vehemently denied, and yet the GP would not remove it. Plus I have NAFLD non alcoholic fatty liver disease. As that would suggest, due to my age, sedentary lifestyle and bad diet. It's at level zero, it was only a minute amount picked up on an ultrasound. So here we are, I'm pretty sure the DVLA will contact my GP, but you never really know.
Out of intrigue; if you’d only had one glass 1) accident wise did you leave the scene? If so why
2) why did you not ask for a BAC back calculation?
3) why did the police turn up at your house??

Out of intrigue; if you’d only had one glass 1) accident wise did you leave the scene? If so why
2) why did you not ask for a BAC back calculation?
3) why did the police turn up at your house??
I struck a car on the way home, I was later diagnosed with severe concussion. So god knows what my motivation was. When I was at home I was confused and obviously not thinking straight. I drank alcohol. The police had been alerted to the collision, during their search for the culprit (me) they came across me at my address and car. The car fitted the description, although there was no mention of me. They arrested me and did a roadside breath test, which returned a reading of 62. I didn’t know anything back then regarding count backs etc. So here we are almost 3 years later.

They didn’t write to my GP. I answered no to everything on the medical and got my ten year license back one day after my ban ended in July this year. Good luck x

Just to advise they didn't go to my gp....I've got my full 10 year license. Got license 5 days after medical. Over the moon. My ban is up tomorrow, just in time.

Good luck everyone
Congratulations! New start NCV x

Reactions: NCV

They contacted my gp. I answered yes to mental health and yes to road traffic accident as I crashed on the day of my DD so that could be why. However I got my full licence back today, contacting my gp did prolong the process a fair bit, my medical was on 30th July

Just to advise they didn't go to my gp....I've got my full 10 year license. Got license 5 days after medical. Over the moon. My ban is up tomorrow, just in time.

Good luck everyone
Wow that is wonderful. How long before your medical did you stop drinking if I may ask? Did you say no to drinking ever in last 6 months?

I have unfortunately lost my licence 4 times, since I was 21 when I got it, I've been banned for 14.5 years and I'm 43 now. First one was for 1.5 years 64 reading, second one was for 3 years can't remember the reading, 3rd one which was in 10 years of getting my licence was for 5 years, 12 weeks suspended and 200 hours community serving, 3rd one was for 5 years and it's just finished. Got the same punishment as the 3rd one. Only ever been pulled over 4 times as well.... "Tidy car..... Tiny bit too fast..." Says the Welsh rozzer.
Anyhow, with all that in mind and the fact that my CDT level was 1.8, I managed to get my licence back 7 days from my bloodtest, they can't of had time to contact my GP and I nearly fell over when I saw it as you can imagine.
What I can say is that the GP that did my blood asked me a lot of questions about my private life. I was well dressed and I think gave off the correct impression. He said he would give me a top assessment. That's what they look at right now the most I think. ;)
Right then, I'm off to go take the dog out in my 330d X drive touring M sport. Maybe have a pint on the way back. Hahahaha. b@57a2D

I have unfortunately lost my licence 4 times, since I was 21 when I got it, I've been banned for 14.5 years and I'm 43 now. First one was for 1.5 years 64 reading, second one was for 3 years can't remember the reading, 3rd one which was in 10 years of getting my licence was for 5 years, 12 weeks suspended and 200 hours community serving, 3rd one was for 5 years and it's just finished. Got the same punishment as the 3rd one. Only ever been pulled over 4 times as well.... "Tidy car..... Tiny bit too fast..." Says the Welsh rozzer.
Anyhow, with all that in mind and the fact that my CDT level was 1.8, I managed to get my licence back 7 days from my bloodtest, they can't of had time to contact my GP and I nearly fell over when I saw it as you can imagine.
What I can say is that the GP that did my blood asked me a lot of questions about my private life. I was well dressed and I think gave off the correct impression. He said he would give me a top assessment. That's what they look at right now the most I think. ;)
Right then, I'm off to go take the dog out in my 330d X drive touring M sport. Maybe have a pint on the way back. Hahahaha. b@57a2D
If I may ask to get a 1.8 cdt how much do you drink on a weekly basis. I have my medical coming up and are overthinking everything so much. Congratulations and thank you for letting us know about the medical. You seem so relaxed about it I wish I could be so calm.

If I may ask to get a 1.8 cdt how much do you drink on a weekly basis. I have my medical coming up and are overthinking everything so much. Congratulations and thank you for letting us know about the medical. You seem so relaxed about it I wish I could be so calm.
Im in the same boat as you. And I’ve never looked at what others drink, it ain’t them that gets your licence back for you. Personally I don’t drink now, but even if I did I’d stick to complete abstinence. You only get one shot at this, why take the risk. The anxiety and depression is not worth it. Not to mention loss of earnings etc.

Im in the same boat as you. And I’ve never looked at what others drink, it ain’t them that gets your licence back for you. Personally I don’t drink now, but even if I did I’d stick to complete abstinence. You only get one shot at this, why take the risk. The anxiety and depression is not worth it. Not to mention loss of earnings etc.
I get you. Just so surprised that jjohno got his license back no gp contact after 4 convictions, without contact to gp or anything and a 1.8 cdt score Happy for him and applause his honesty.

Having been on this site for three years and spoken to plenty of genuine, humble, decent people, I do feel that every once in a while the forum is targeted by the Internet 'trolls' or 'bloggers' who put comments or remarks on here which seem to be hard to believe, lack credibility or they are making a complete joke of the law.

I would suggest jjohno that if you are genuine, please do not insult our intelligence by putting comments like this on the forum, as it almost feels like you are sticking two fingers up at the criminal justice system and the rest of this forum who feel genuine shame for our past mistakes.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off