HRO medicals

Convicted Driver Insurance

Darran66

Firstly what are the current HRO medical waiting times,??? And can you tell me when your application is in, paid for, can you still ask to drive under a Code, Section something until you get results??? Thanks all

It depends.... and why seems unclear.
several people have reported applying and they are told “medicals are not taking place at the moment.”
Others are being given a doctor to contact, found they have a big waiting list, found another doctor in the area with vacancies only to be told they cannot transfer from the one that DVLA have nominated.
occasionally people have applied, heard details of a doctor after 2-3 weeks, got an appointment in another 2 weeks.... but then be left hanging by their own GP not replying to a a questionnaire that DVLA decided to send to them for weeks.
BUT, in almost all cases, the process is slow!

If you are a High Risk Offender (over 87 in breath, two drink drive convictions in 10 years or failed to supply) and this is your first application then you cannot drive until the whole medical process is complete and DVLA have restored your licence.

If you have been granted a temporary one year licence and this is the re-application then you can drive under S88 whilst the medical process is going on, providing DVLA have received a correct, completed application, for up to 12 months, and your GP has indicated that he / she has no concerns about you driving.

The only exception to being allowed to drive is if your conviction was before June 2013, as this is when the law changed and prior to that you could drive whilst a HRO application was received.

several people have reported applying and they are told “medicals are not taking place at the moment.”
Others are being given a doctor to contact, found they have a big waiting list, found another doctor in the area with vacancies only to be told they cannot transfer from the one that DVLA have nominated.
occasionally people have applied, heard details of a doctor after 2-3 weeks, got an appointment in another 2 weeks.... but then be left hanging by their own GP not replying to a a questionnaire that DVLA decided to send to them for weeks.

If you are a High Risk Offender (over 87 in breath, two drink drive convictions in 10 years or failed to supply) and this is your first application then you cannot drive until the whole medical process is complete and DVLA have restored your licence.

If you have been granted a temporary one year licence and this is the re-application then you can drive under S88 whilst the medical process is going on, providing DVLA have received a correct, completed application, for up to 12 months, and your GP has indicated that he / she has no concerns about you driving.

The only exception to being allowed to drive is if your conviction was before June 2013, as this is when the law changed and prior to that you could drive whilst a HRO application was received.
Hi sorry to bother you have you got the list of Gap's that are operating as I have fallen fowl this morning and been told by the DVLA that none are available

I have just been told that Medicaid aren’t happening at the moment, incredibly frustrating as others clearly are having medical

Try this list, but not all of them are approved for DVLA HRO medical, it is actually a list of approved doctors for Maritime medicals but many of them do the DVLA ones So make sure you ask. They will want your M number which appears on letters from DVLA.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...roved_Doctors_in_UK_06_October_2020_v0.24.pdf
Thank you got sorted .. suprise suprise the 2nd one I called had a spot available this week (12 miles from me ) after I was told from the DVLA that the medical was not possible because of the lockdown .. they also told me which I have on tape ( I record my conversations with them ) that it's mandatory that after a 12 month licence has been issued that a further medical is required upon the end of the 12 months . Which I know is not true and when I questioned her about that she back tracked and denied saying it .. even though I have it on tape and I told her it was been recorded.. 🤣🤣 standard false information once again from them

Price you quoted
"The only exception to being allowed to drive is if your conviction was before June 2013, as this is when the law changed and prior to that you could drive whilst a HRO application was received." Where can I get proof of this as my ban was from 2012 ..And they refused to let me drive or issue a DL until I had done the 2 medicals etc

Jamdpa, it says this in the governments leaflet:

i will dig out the specific change to the rules about this later when I get the chance.....

in fact, here is the legislation changing the fact theat prior to June 2013 HRO’s could drive pending their medical process being completed:

Jamdpa, it says this in the governments leaflet:

i will dig out the specific change to the rules about this later when I get the chance.....

in fact, here is the legislation changing the fact theat prior to June 2013 HRO’s could drive pending their medical process being completed:

You Sir are a legend. I have just checked and my disqualification was 5 of December 2012 .. I then had 2 further disqualifications for driving whilst disqualified (zero alcohol on both those accounts ) when I replied in 2019 I was told I could not drive until my licence was issued And I had done 2 medicals .. I actually still have all this in writing from them .. I'm going to sue them had enough of their lies ana misinformation it's been on going for 3 years now I have at least 6 provable accounts of when false information (lies ) have been given to me as well as this new one .. thank you so much

Hi mate, cheerz for the heads up, im mad as i got mt my shit togeather after 25 weeks after my z done a job with, i thought of his safetl fkight cjrz

Hey fellow foot soldiers,

I have finally received letter from DVLA to book a medical for a nurse or doctor to witness me supplying a urine sample, which I was forlornly anticipating, but hoping I might not have to. The letter says the DVLA will make payment for the medical to the GP directly, and I should not make any payment.

When my ban ended I sent the D1 form and cheque for £65, which DVLA cashed, then they needed to write to my GP to make sure he could confirm I am fit to drive (which he did), and I think I read somewhere my GP also invoices DVLA for doing that.

I am confused I have only been stung for £65 - will I get charged for these extra medical assessments does anyone know please? Also, what does 'witnessing me supply a urine sample' and 'you may have to undress for your medical examination' involve? I would appreciate a heads up if anyone has been through this...TIA 😚

I have finally received letter from DVLA to book a medical for a nurse or doctor to witness me supplying a urine sample, which I was forlornly anticipating, but hoping I might not have to. The letter says the DVLA will make payment for the medical to the GP directly, and I should not make any payment.

When my ban ended I sent the D1 form and cheque for £65, which DVLA cashed, then they needed to write to my GP to make sure he could confirm I am fit to drive (which he did), and I think I read somewhere my GP also invoices DVLA for doing that.

I am confused I have only been stung for £65 - will I get charged for these extra medical assessments does anyone know please? Also, what does 'witnessing me supply a urine sample' and 'you may have to undress for your medical examination' involve? I would appreciate a heads up if anyone has been through this...TIA 😚
Sorry, didn't read the pink bit at the bottom of this page, I will post this as a new question as well.

Hi mate, cheerz for the heads up, im mad as i got mt my shit togeather after 18 years since my ban was up the following june, who all of you know came home, IF it was 07 when I came gime woth at

They had me off, they were paying for mine as it was 90 quid for applying, and DVLA said theyd sort it, then i had to cancel, it was impossible to go, the case reopened 8 months on, and the cancelled app, well dvla pay once,,, Yea, gonna be fine m8,, buy some MILK THISTLE, from your herb shop, well worth it, and stay away from Yardies bro... Good luck m8

Hi, i mentioned where i live there was 2 DVLA gps around the area, the appointment came in, it was only after writing to dvla im not mobile, ive not driven since 1999, i am finishing a Subutex cintrolled detox, clean for 3 plus, they are nearly at an end, im on 3.2mg, equv to under 4000 Ugs of Temgesic, so tiny but like codeaine you withdraw, id be more worried if this person bought them, Licensces can be renewed, you and others may not be as lucky

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off