Hro medical (your experiences)

Convicted Driver Insurance
it was misuse not dependancy -- so controlled drinking for 6 months after previous refusal -- so i think im best to say 6 months as they obs know its not a year from previous blood test x
Ah OK, I have misuse/non addictive dependency mentioned from 6 years ago (not proven and absolute bullshit) . No mention of any alcohol abuse in last 3 years. Plus 3 years worth of clear/normal LFT's and returning a 0.6 from medichecks certainly gives me a little peace if mind. I only just sent off my forms yesterday guaranteed next day tracked delivery. Just been notified DVLA have my licence application and medical questionaire this morning. So the wait begins, this is where typically it gets interesting. I think it strange that, a DVLA appointed GP can write that there is no further need for investigation, or contact with your GP then DVLA will sometimes override their own GP and contact your doctor anyway? Anyway, hoping non of that happens, I will in time, once through the process, do a follow up on the whole process and my experience of it. Best of luck to you x

Ah OK, I have misuse/non addictive dependency mentioned from 6 years ago (not proven and absolute bullshit) . No mention of any alcohol abuse in last 3 years. Plus 3 years worth of clear/normal LFT's and returning a 0.6 from medichecks certainly gives me a little peace if mind. I only just sent off my forms yesterday guaranteed next day tracked delivery. Just been notified DVLA have my licence application and medical questionaire this morning. So the wait begins, this is where typically it gets interesting. I think it strange that, a DVLA appointed GP can write that there is no further need for investigation, or contact with your GP then DVLA will sometimes override their own GP and contact your doctor anyway? Anyway, hoping non of that happens, I will in time, once through the process, do a follow up on the whole process and my experience of it. Best of luck to you x
Just wondering if you received the medical forms with your license application? I just received application hey said they sending the rest when they processed my application.

good luck and fingers crossed i'm sure you'll be ok i just wish they would see results and send the licence ( i get if borderline to contact GP ) GIVE EVERYONE A SECOND CHANCE -- GP'S ARE BUSY ENOUGH ANYWAY nd form filling for this is not on their priority list I'm sure xx
keep us posted

good luck and fingers crossed i'm sure you'll be ok i just wish they would see results and send the licence ( i get if borderline to contact GP ) GIVE EVERYONE A SECOND CHANCE -- GP'S ARE BUSY ENOUGH ANYWAY nd form filling for this is not on their priority list I'm sure xx
keep us posted
Will do

I just wanted to update my current situation I’m having to warn invade anyone else is in limbo between the doctor sending forms back and the dvla receiving them.
29th July- went to see my doctor regarding dvla forms

From then until last week I have been calling and calling, still no update or forms been received.
Called my doctors last week, the woman who deals with the dvla stuff wasn’t back until today.

Called this morning- the woman at my doctors said the dvla still haven’t paid my doctor the fee so until that is done they cannot send the forms back off.. I called dvla they said my doctor has asked for £300!!!! Normally they ask for £80-100 for anything like this.. so in my case how the hell was I meant to know what was going on? I’ve already been left in limbo since my ban ended on the 24th July..
called my doctors, offered to pay the fee just so they would send off the questionnaire… they said that is fine.
DVLA are trying to tell me to make an appointment with my doctor to ask him to accept the lower fee of 80-100, to which I replied no, I would rather pay and know it is all sent off today, because my doctor could be waiting god knows how long for a payment off the dvla plus he won’t accept it anyway.
So now I am waiting for an update which I’m hoping my licence will be issued soon.

What a nightmare!!

I just wanted to update my current situation I’m having to warn invade anyone else is in limbo between the doctor sending forms back and the dvla receiving them.

From then until last week I have been calling and calling, still no update or forms been received.
Called my doctors last week, the woman who deals with the dvla stuff wasn’t back until today.

Called this morning- the woman at my doctors said the dvla still haven’t paid my doctor the fee so until that is done they cannot send the forms back off.. I called dvla they said my doctor has asked for £300!!!! Normally they ask for £80-100 for anything like this.. so in my case how the hell was I meant to know what was going on? I’ve already been left in limbo since my ban ended on the 24th July..
called my doctors, offered to pay the fee just so they would send off the questionnaire… they said that is fine.
DVLA are trying to tell me to make an appointment with my doctor to ask him to accept the lower fee of 80-100, to which I replied no, I would rather pay and know it is all sent off today, because my doctor could be waiting god knows how long for a payment off the dvla plus he won’t accept it anyway.
So now I am waiting for an update which I’m hoping my licence will be issued soon.

What a nightmare!I
Sorry to hear about your circumstances. But this is the route if all evil, money and corruption. I know this doesn't help. I think it's abhorrent that you've had to get Bent over a barrel. At least thieves have the decency to wear a mask. Good luck with everything.

What a nightmare!!
This baffles me. My forms took 3 days to be sent off to DVLA. Doctor recieved it 16th August... Told me they sent it off on 19th August. Did your doctor tell you on 29th July they'd send them off that day and never inform you of this payment needed??

This baffles me. My forms took 3 days to be sent off to DVLA. Doctor recieved it 16th August... Told me they sent it off on 19th August. Did your doctor tell you on 29th July they'd send them off that day and never inform you of this payment needed??
No I had no idea of a payment, he said he would get them sorted on the day I went, I only found out last week when I called my doctors that an invoice was sent over the same day I saw him, so I presumed the lot had been sent over.. turns out when I called today to speak with the lady who deals with it, she said they can’t send the forms until payment was made from the dvla.. so that’s how I’ve found all this out today.

No I had no idea of a payment, he said he would get them sorted on the day I went, I only found out last week when I called my doctors that an invoice was sent over the same day I saw him, so I presumed the lot had been sent over.. turns out when I called today to speak with the lady who deals with it, she said they can’t send the forms until payment was made from the dvla.. so that’s how I’ve found all this out today.
That's very bizarre. This is the last page of the DD2 form they recieve and have to fill out.. At the bottom it says to enclose an invoice (with the forms) to recieve payment. So they should have sent the forms with it and not just an invoice? What a tool of a doctor you're working with!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220824-144042_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220824-144042_Drive.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 29
That's very bizarre. This is the last page of the DD2 form they recieve and have to fill out.. At the bottom it says to enclose an invoice (with the forms) to recieve payment. So they should have sent the forms with it and not just an invoice? What a tool of a doctor you're working with!
Exactly. This was exactly what happened in my case.

I put that I drank at the end of the month when my wages clear. Usually a few shandies cos these are more refreshing in this hot weather, & you don’t get a hangover the next day!!
Scored 0.9% on my CDT…
Only answered yes to drugs from 2017-2020, this was during my ban. I was HRO for 2 drink drives & for refusing a breath test on 1 of those!!
GP was contacted the end of June, a week after my medical, even after their GP said no further action needed. I expected it for the answers I gave even without the HRO.
Called back in for a urine test 8th August, which I know is negative. Expect to hear back any week now. Calling them every week til I get an answer!!
Good luck amigos… 💪😎

What a nightmare!!
On my first license application a very similar thing happened,my GP wouldn't write to dvla until paid,and DVLA wouldn't pay until the information was received!
This was very concerning,and when I offered to pay the fee, DVLA advised against this!
I decided to pay the fee (£60 I seem to remember) to get the ball rolling!
£60 was worth all the headache,£300 is far greater than the application fee,so understandable that DVLA find this fee excessive.
My application was completed by a locum GP,who only had my notes on his system,plus my advice on the telephone,and was deemed to be dependent!
Luckily I had found this forum,and had managed to get 2 lfts done over 6 months,and a stopped drinking date outside the 12 month mandatory timescale.
A CDT of 0 8 secured me a 1 year license, with a new medical in 3 weeks (delayed),with the fee paid by DVLA,plus no cost to me this time by my own GP surgery.

I put that I drank at the end of the month when my wages clear. Usually a few shandies cos these are more refreshing in this hot weather, & you don’t get a hangover the next day!!
Scored 0.9% on my CDT…
Only answered yes to drugs from 2017-2020, this was during my ban. I was HRO for 2 drink drives & for refusing a breath test on 1 of those!!
GP was contacted the end of June, a week after my medical, even after their GP said no further action needed. I expected it for the answers I gave even without the HRO.
Called back in for a urine test 8th August, which I know is negative. Expect to hear back any week now. Calling them every week til I get an answer!!
Good luck amigos… 💪😎
I'll be on the phone every day buddy 😂

I have been issued my licence from midnight tonight!! 😀😀 however it is only valid for 1 year, does anyone know what this means?
It means, in a years time, you will have to apply again and do another medical (at the dvlas expense) they can then either issue you with a 10 year licence, or another 1 year licence (I've read they can do this for up to 6 years)

I have been issued my licence from midnight tonight!! 😀😀 however it is only valid for 1 year, does anyone know what this means?
Congratulations! You have a licence wooo! Do you know why they issued you with a 1 year licence and not the full thing? Just curious as I have my decision looming and wondering myself what they will give me

Congratulations! You have a licence wooo! Do you know why they issued you with a 1 year licence and not the full thing? Just curious as I have my decision looming and wondering myself what they will give me
Thank you. Because my doctor ticked alcohol dependence in the last 3 years which is a lie anyway!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off