Hro medical (your experiences)

Convicted Driver Insurance
said i last drank 8 units of alcohol 3 weeks before medical and drank once a month . did not say i had any previous alcohol misuse as i dont have any on my record.
said i drank over 6 units a couple of times in last 12 months

Finally the end may be in sight, got my medical booked for 30th September. Sent off my licence first week of March and didn't get a medical appointment due to the first pandemic wave. Ban would have been up in mid May if id have had a medical and passed as I did the DD course realistically if I pass medical should have my licence back mid October which would have been the full two years if I hadn't done the DD course. Pretty hopeful I'll be ok as haven't a drink since New Years Eve.

Had medical a week ago and phoned dvla pretty much every day since. Still no update and they say my results haven't been recieved to be scanned on system yet. Surely can't be much longer, can't take much more than a week to send results...

Had medical a week ago and phoned dvla pretty much every day since. Still no update and they say my results haven't been recieved to be scanned on system yet. Surely can't be much longer, can't take much more than a week to send results...
What date did you have it done

Some good positive updates on here about the DVLA medicals, so fingers crossed the recent events with the dreaded virus doesn't impact too much on anyone in the coming weeks who are waiting to get back on the road.

CJ

Reactions: TPR
Scaremongering. This joker doesn't even think there is a virus. No evidence of 'so called DVLA facebook forum' given to show this claim. As it stands, DVLA are working as (new) normal - they are normally slow and ham fisted!
Big tom yes there is a facebook group forum so dont call me a liar bitch, and as for this plandemic yes instand by it

Hi All,

Was just wondering if someone could answer a few questions i have, from your past experiences.

My ban officially ended June 17th, and i have been putting off re-applying for my licence since then. I have the form and it's ready to send.

Firstly, the £90 payment you have to send to the DVLA along with your licence application, how did you guys send the payment? I don't have a cheque book, is there anywhere i can pay online or call them and pay over the phone?

Secondly, if i can get a medical booked, i am really concerned about my past history, probably the only times i have visited my GP has been to do with depression, and related alcohol misuse. There i would expect, be a number of records indicating dependency, drinking too much to cope etc.

The good news, i have been sober as a judge since January 10th this year, so over 9 months now.

When i go for my medical, were you all brutally honest with that GP & the questionnaire?

I guess, as money is tight, i have been delaying sending back my application as i dont want £90 for the application, a further £90 for the medical to all go down the drain, in case they request my records from my GP, and all these past records emerge, and they deny me a licence until i am 12 months sober.......should i wait until 12 months have passed, inform my GP of this, and then apply?

Should i go ahead now, and not be as truthful with my answers, as my past is my past, and i am well and truly not dependent, or have any alcohol now?

Or should i apply, be 100% truthful about my past history with alcohol, state where i am now, run the risk of them contacting my GP, and make the whole process even longer but be satisfied in the fact that i have been honest.

Any thoughts, opinions, and past similar experiences would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah and there is proof that aliens stick anal probes in chavs like you!!!! Put up or shut up. Stop trying to scare people because your situation isn't going like you feel you deserve.
Scaremongering people are you smoking crack? You're the one doing that by telling foke that cough19 is real carry on been a sheep and karen ... and yes they are stopping medicals agian from dvla themselves you mug

Hi All,

Was just wondering if someone could answer a few questions i have, from your past experiences.

My ban officially ended June 17th, and i have been putting off re-applying for my licence since then. I have the form and it's ready to send.

Firstly, the £90 payment you have to send to the DVLA along with your licence application, how did you guys send the payment? I don't have a cheque book, is there anywhere i can pay online or call them and pay over the phone?

Secondly, if i can get a medical booked, i am really concerned about my past history, probably the only times i have visited my GP has been to do with depression, and related alcohol misuse. There i would expect, be a number of records indicating dependency, drinking too much to cope etc.

The good news, i have been sober as a judge since January 10th this year, so over 9 months now.

When i go for my medical, were you all brutally honest with that GP & the questionnaire?

I guess, as money is tight, i have been delaying sending back my application as i dont want £90 for the application, a further £90 for the medical to all go down the drain, in case they request my records from my GP, and all these past records emerge, and they deny me a licence until i am 12 months sober.......should i wait until 12 months have passed, inform my GP of this, and then apply?

Should i go ahead now, and not be as truthful with my answers, as my past is my past, and i am well and truly not dependent, or have any alcohol now?

Or should i apply, be 100% truthful about my past history with alcohol, state where i am now, run the risk of them contacting my GP, and make the whole process even longer but be satisfied in the fact that i have been honest.

Any thoughts, opinions, and past similar experiences would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Afternoon mate

I'm certainly not the fountain of all knowledge but I've got a bad history of alcohol problems that has involved GP appointments as far back as 2014.

I've been sober since August last year and I'm just drawing towards the end of my own ban which started 19 months ago.

None of us on this forum can erase our past mistakes with alcohol and the DVLA accepts this. What they enforce is a reassurance that the relationship with alcohol is under control before they return the licence.

It is a bit of a grey area - but they can put you into two categories. Alcohol misuse or alcohol dependancy. I am assuming I fall into the latter which means I have to prove 12 months abstinence.

I would say that if you've been dry since January you should get it documented with your GP. If you haven't spoke to your GP for a while, I would strongly suggest making an appointment with them to discuss your present situation.

You have to be open & honest with everything. If you try and hide any background information, it will come back to haunt you when the DVLA contact the GP. I intend to be blunt and very frank with my own history.

I cannot answer the question about the payment method or fees and whether they are refundable if your licence is refused. I'm sure other forum members may offer guidance about this.

Good luck on your journey.

CJ

Good advice from CJ1980.
O. The subject of fees, they are each only payable once, so it does not matter how many medicals you are required to undergo, one payment covers them all. They are not refundable, but they will see you through to getting a licence, no matter how long the process takes!

Thank you both, i appreciate your responses.

I agree, i should contact my GP now to discuss things, so they can communicate correctly with the DVLA.

In respect to the fee's, thats good news that it only gets paid once. I assume, most people send a cheque, im going to have to figure that one out. Think i remember seeing somewhere you can send cash but via recorded delivery.

Anyway, thank you for the advice, and it's reassuring going down the honest route is the correct thing to do.

Thanks and good luck.

Dont think you can send cash, but you can send a postal order (but that costs) or do you know someone who would write a cheque if you gave them the cash. (just make sure the cheque isn’t going to bonce though!)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off