Hro medical (your experiences)

Convicted Driver Insurance

hobobanobo

So following all this, was preparing to call my GP surgery today to chase up if they'd completed the medical form yet. Just checked the mail and received a letter from the DVLA (shockingly fast) to say I'd satisfied all checks and have received a full 10 year license.
CDT was 1.1%, which was the same as when I'd done it privately before hand, so wonder if that's my base level.

Letter from the DVLA was dated 23/07/2022, so all in all 9 months beginning to end for my license to be re-instated, was fully prepared for it to take over a year so the relief and something less to be stressing about is amazing
Glad u got sorted

At whay point did you receive your results for the blood test, I didnt get told. All I got was a refereal to my gp and 6 months later a urine test for having a drug abuse medical condition which I assumed was down to admitting id smoked 2 joints the past 3 years
Just hit 3 years since being banned for 18 months.

Last edited:

Tachyon83

Glad u got sorted

At whay point did you receive your results for the blood test, I didnt get told. All I got was a refereal to my gp and 6 months later a urine test for having a drug abuse medical condition which I assumed was down to admitting id smoked 2 joints the past 3 years
Just hit 3 years since being banned for 18 months year.
It was part of the letter that they sent saying they had granted me my license, it had the CDT result and then the list of what the results mean

Darron79

I emailed dvla asking for my CDT results, which I finally got, took them 3 weeks to reply.
Good news was my CDT score was 0.9%.
After not drinking for 3 weeks. Don’t really drink a lot, maybe a couple at the end of the month on payday…
Now I’m waiting for them to make a decision. All paperwork was scanned onto their system a week or 2 ago, at last!!
The waiting is soooo stressful it’s killing me. Sleeping like shite, it’s a right mare!! 😂
Defo learnt my lesson that’s for sure. Never again will I drink & drive EVER!! 😱🤯

topchippyles

I emailed dvla asking for my CDT results, which I finally got, took them 3 weeks to reply.
After not drinking for 3 weeks. Don’t really drink a lot, maybe a couple at the end of the month on payday…
Now I’m waiting for them to make a decision. All paperwork was scanned onto their system a week or 2 ago, at last!!
The waiting is soooo stressful it’s killing me. Sleeping like shite, it’s a right mare!! 😂
Defo learnt my lesson that’s for sure. Never again will I drink & drive EVER!! 😱🤯
I know guys who have been done 3 times and still drink and drive without a care in the world. (n)(n)

Samilewi

I know guys who have been done 3 times and still drink and drive without a care in the world. (n)(n)
I personally can't understand how people can put themselves through this over and over. It's taken such a toll on my mental health!! I have fully learnt my lesson. 9 days until my medical... 19 days until my ban ends. I just want to be back on the road and will NEVERRRRR do it again!!

Reets

I personally can't understand how people can put themselves through this over and over. It's taken such a toll on my mental health!! I have fully learnt my lesson. 9 days until my medical... 19 days until my ban ends. I just want to be back on the road and will NEVERRRRR do it again!!
People do do it again though. Years later. You can never say never unless you go T-Total.
I’m not entirely sure DD reg plates aren’t ‘marked’ also so if you just happened to be a bit hungover on a morning and drove.. Who knows…

Darron79

Nah **** that!! This has been hell. My ban was finished in Feb 2018…
Due to some issues, & then Covid happening, I have had to wait til this year to get my medical done. That was in June.
I need my licence for work & it’s been a pain the last few years. Luckily Plymouth has a great bus service. I’ve been able to get to most jobs, but having a car would be so much easier especially with all the tools etc I need 😂
Yeah as for drink, well I only drink a couple at the end of the month. Prefer a shandy, bit more refreshing in this hot weather!!

hobobanobo

Nah **** that!! This has been hell. My ban was finished in Feb 2018…
Due to some issues, & then Covid happening, I have had to wait til this year to get my medical done. That was in June.
I need my licence for work & it’s been a pain the last few years. Luckily Plymouth has a great bus service. I’ve been able to get to most jobs, but having a car would be so much easier especially with all the tools etc I need 😂
Yeah as for drink, well I only drink a couple at the end of the month. Prefer a shandy, bit more refreshing in this hot weather!!
Been horrible during lockdown, the worst timing.
Made me so resilient to lifes bad luck events now though. Like water off a ducks back after the hell of covid with no car.
Neary lost my mind a couple times during the process too. Full psycho mode with pretty bad intrusive thoughts regarding paying their office a visit, what with the complete lack of communicatiom for 3 years. They are lucky I know better than to listen to those thoughts.
Bit of meditation required 😅

Darron79

Been horrible during lockdown, the worst timing.
Made me so resilient to lifes bad luck events now though. Like water off a ducks back after the hell of covid with no car.
Neary lost my mind a couple times during the process too. Full psycho mode with pretty bad intrusive thoughts regarding paying their office a visit, what with the complete lack of communicatiom for 3 years. They are lucky I know better than to listen to those thoughts.
Bit of meditation required 😅
I know how ya feel buddy!! I’ve just called dvla again!! Still waiting for them to make a decision & I’m supposed to be a priority according to dvla as my ban was finished so long ago!! I’ve done triple my ban time it’s ridiculous grrrrrrr…
I’m gonna call them every few days til they get sick to death of me ha ha ha.
It’s not easy to not think about it constantly.
Oh well best I just get on with life & I’ll get a decision soon enough 😂

hobobanobo

I know how ya feel buddy!! I’ve just called dvla again!! Still waiting for them to make a decision & I’m supposed to be a priority according to dvla as my ban was finished so long ago!! I’ve done triple my ban time it’s ridiculous grrrrrrr…
I’m gonna call them every few days til they get sick to death of me ha ha ha.
It’s not easy to not think about it constantly.
Oh well best I just get on with life & I’ll get a decision soon enough 😂
uve actually yot throug? on what number? Ive made 170 calls with no answer at all. Just cuts me off.

Samilewi

uve actually yot throug? on what number? Ive made 170 calls with no answer at all. Just cuts me off.
Call 0300 790 6806 select option 1 then 2.
If they say they're too busy and to call back another time, hang up and try again... This time, listen to their options 3 times without pressing anything and you'll get through. Could take upto 45 mins but I've got through every time and I've called now about 6 times since May

hobobanobo

Call 0300 790 6806 select option 1 then 2.
If they say they're too busy and to call back another time, hang up and try again... This time, listen to their options 3 times without pressing anything and you'll get through. Could take upto 45 mins but I've got through every time and I've called now about 6 times since may
The problem I had was that the phone cut me off automatically, ill tr again

leebo43

to get that score, how long did you abstain? and what were your previous drinking habits?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off