HRO and deal medical during covid

Convicted Driver Insurance

Vickystone072

Well Known Member
hi all I got banned for 2nd time in jan 2015 had a bit of a relapse during Covid but haven’t drunk since June after doctor did blood test I have applied for my licence this week and concerned about a few things. Are they still doing medical during Covid. if you pass the CDT test do they automatically give your license back or do they write to your doctor still. It’s all abit confusing and currently is even worse with the pandemic. I just received my documents I sent back today and although I had a blip the doctor wasn’t concerned as I had 3 tests and liver function now normal I do take blood pressure pills and anit depressants but just wondered on everyone’s experiences currently. Need to drive for a job I want to apply for thanks all stay safe

Hi Vicky, because you are now classed as an HRO on application for your driving licence DVLA will most certainly write out to your GP with a medical report form named a DD2, this form then will ask the GP wether or not there are any alcohol related issues noted with or documented with your GP, the form will ask as well wether there are any mental health issues past or present, the DD2 form is directly associated with alcohol issues and your GP has a six week window in which to return it, if there are issues then DVLA will conduct their famous DVLA medical process and on discovering any mental health issues then namely a medical form M2 will be sent separately with the same time scale, if you have had a raised liver function test in the past (as I did) then there's a real possibility of DVLA classing you in the dependance bracket and even if you attend your first DVLA medical with a low CDT reading depending on your GP notes and input then a revocation can quite possibly happen, if this is the case then `you need to be guided through the process like so many others have on the forum......

Hi Vicky, because you are now classed as an HRO on application for your driving licence DVLA will most certainly write out to your GP with a medical report form named a DD2, this form then will ask the GP wether or not there are any alcohol related issues noted with or documented with your GP, the form will ask as well wether there are any mental health issues past or present, the DD2 form is directly associated with alcohol issues and your GP has a six week window in which to return it, if there are issues then DVLA will conduct their famous DVLA medical process and on discovering any mental health issues then namely a medical form M2 will be sent separately with the same time scale, if you have had a raised liver function test in the past (as I did) then there's a real possibility of DVLA classing you in the dependance bracket and even if you attend your first DVLA medical with a low CDT reading depending on your GP notes and input then a revocation can quite possibly happen, if this is the case then `you need to be guided through the process like so many others have on the forum......
What does revocation mean doe that mean I have to take my test again. Quite worried reading the above as doctor said I was fine to apply

What does revocation mean doe that mean I have to take my test again. Quite worried reading the above as doctor said I was fine to apply
Hi Vicky, Revocation means your licence is revoked, or taken away. You will not have to take your test again unless the magistrate said so (or if you are in Northern Ireland). You will (eventually) get a medical appointment which will involve a blood test for CDT. The DVLA may contact your GP, if so the background work you have done by getting LFT's from the GP will help. The anti depressants and blood pressure tablets should not affect your application unless the GP reports that they feel your mental health may affect your drinking and/or driving.

Hi again, revocation means that DVLA will stop you from driving (revoked) not a ban but take (revoke) your driving privileges from you until you can satisfy them at DVLA if. You are classed as misuse or dependant ,your GP may well have said that you are medically fit to drive and that is a very good thing, however if DVLA find past or present alcohol issues through your GP that's not been disclosed before then the DVLA will take action according to your condition leading to the DVLA medical process, and if you've no alcohol history with your GP then there's nothing to worry about....no you won't have to take your test again ( unless you're in NI) or you recently past, all this information can be very confusing which DVLA do not notify you about and this is why a lot of folk turn to the forum for help....where possible I will try and break it down for you, if you had or have alcohol issues in the past or present (DVLA go back six years for alcohol) then the punishment for that is : misuse=6 months revocation & dependant =12 months revocation along with medical evidence from your GP to get you a 1 year temp licence.....you can find this information on the DVLA website...

Last edited:
Hi Vicky, Revocation means your licence is revoked, or taken away. You will not have to take your test again unless the magistrate said so (or if you are in Northern Ireland). You will (eventually) get a medical appointment which will involve a blood test for CDT. The DVLA may contact your GP, if so the background work you have done by getting LFT's from the GP will help. The anti depressants and blood pressure tablets should not affect your application unless the GP reports that they feel your mental health may affect your drinking and/or driving.
Ok thank you my doctor said I was ok tomdrive but it’s all very confusing - I get anxiety which is why I am on the meds hopefully I have left it long enough to pass i don’t drink at all now

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off