How much longer?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Kerry80

I had my medical 3 weeks ago but they have now wrote to my doctors due to mental health whilst I've been banned I got diagnosed with adhd and have to take control medication does anyone know how long it takes for a desicion from my doctor and is it commen for them to write to your gp please ?

I had my medical 3 weeks ago but they have now wrote to my doctors due to mental health whilst I've been banned I got diagnosed with adhd and have to take control medication does anyone know how long it takes for a desicion from my doctor and is it commen for them to write to your gp please ?
Hello has doctor or psychiatrist received the paperwork. If so chase them up and get it sent back to the DVLA . What medication are you taking and does it make you drowsy ?

Hello has doctor or psychiatrist received the paperwork. If so chase them up and get it sent back to the DVLA . What medication are you taking and does it make you drowsy ?
My doctors really good tbf its for my adhd lexempthanmines no not drowsy my doctors words were im more focused then ive ever been and she's got bo concern for me to drive ar all she said she will send it back the first day she receives it and dvla have said today that I'm priory because I need my car for work

My doctors really good tbf its for my adhd lexempthanmines no not drowsy my doctors words were im more focused then ive ever been and she's got bo concern for me to drive ar all she said she will send it back the first day she receives it and dvla have said today that I'm priory because I need my car for work
That’s great news then as the doctors opinion is what they use in making their decision .The timescale is hard to judge to be honest . If your a high priority case you could be sorted in a couple of weeks . Good luck 😉

That’s great news then as the doctors opinion is what they use in making their decision .The timescale is hard to judge to be honest . If your a high priority case you could be sorted in a couple of weeks . Good luck 😉
I really hope so thank you

They will write to your GP but you will be fine, as long as you have a prescription for the medications you're taking everything will go smoothly! Keep us updated and good luck 🙏
Thank you I will do yes when I went for medical I was very honest took all my medication it is a controlled drug which would have had to been advised to dvla if I was still driving when I got diagnosed its just the waiting and my anxiety was through tge roof ive calmed down a bit now x

Still heard nothing my doctor emailed them back 30th December
They were shut for 3 days over new year, but in any case I would not be anticipating any quick result from the GP’s reply to them. Probably weeks rather than days.

Still heard nothing my doctor emailed them back 30th December
They medical department received my GP report on August 10th and I have heard nothing about a decision or attending a medical yet Kerry.
That's 5 months today.

Hang on, I've got a piece of string here and I'm just measuring it. :D

Sorry to be flippant, but humour does help me. I applied for my licence on 15th July 2021 and as of today I am still waiting on my GP to return the forms to the DVLA. (Ban expired on the 18th October.)

I have asked GP reception 3 times but all they keep telling me is that they have 'hundreds' of these forms to complete and only one Dr does them (?) and then only when he has the time.

I'm loathed to push them any harder as human nature being what it is, I don't want to upset them too much and make an issue of it as I really want a good report going back to DVLA.

When did you apply for your licence?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off