How long did it take to hear after writing to GP

Convicted Driver Insurance

rachieboo76

Hi, The DVLA wrote to mt GP. It was apparently scanned onto the system 2 days ago. Any idea how long it takes for the medical team to 'review' it. It's really dragging now. Thanks

I renewed my 12 month temporary licence by posting my D1 in October last year (2021). I then was sent a medical questionnaire at the beginning of November 2021 that was completed and returned to the DVLA quite promptly via recorded delivery.

My driving licence expired on the 21st January 2022 and the DVLA didn't write to my GP until May. Fast forward six months and I am still awaiting an update from the DVLA to confirm the next stage of the process.

CJ

Hi, The DVLA wrote to mt GP. It was apparently scanned onto the system 2 days ago. Any idea how long it takes for the medical team to 'review' it. It's really dragging now. Thanks

rachieboo76

When all the background enquiries are completed and 'scanned', the medical team should make a decision within a reasonable time frame. You will probably find you get a random phone call from them out of the blue, one day in the next week or two.

CJ

Mine dragged and dragged and dragged, until I called and moaned. Then, whatever it was mysteriously snagged upon, seemed to vanish.

My advice is call. Never a coincidence for me that things always sped up shortly following.

Always worth a call, my license was revoked 26/10 for 1 year, my GP emailed the DVLA retracting his statement of dependency on the 10/11. I called 14/11 and it had been scanned to the system, called again 16/11 to stress the urgency to be told I had to wait for the medical to to review. Then on 18/11 called again to be told a full 10 year license issued (pending application fee being sent). Its worth the 30, 40 or 50 minute wait each time so they know your being proactive - just be polite as possible to the call handlers.

Good luck!

In my case it took 17 days after my GP replied to them. It 'only' took the GP 9 weeks to send it though.

All in it was 210 days from making application.

Oh, and keep checking online. That's how I discovered mine had been issued.

Hi all. Just to update. My licenced appeared online 7 days after the report from my GP was logged onto their system. I have been back driving for almost a month now.

Good luck to everyone

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off