How long after the medical to you hear if you got your licence back?

Convicted Driver Insurance

rachieboo76

Hello,

I had my medical 1 week ago. I wondered how long it would take to hear if it's a yes or a no to getting my licence back. They wrote to my GP prior to my medical, and that was sent to them 6 weeks ago.

Thanks

I really don't know.
I had my medical on the 5th of September and my GP was on the ball prior to that with all the forms he had to do.
I called up on the 22nd and apparently all the information had been collected and they were waiting for their medics to review it all.
Checked today online and still nothing. Not a yes, no or anything.
It's so frustrating. I hope you get yours soon!
Sorry, not very helpful, but I feel your frustration.

It's a lottery. Some people it's within a month, some have been waiting over a year. Best thing to do is phone them are regular intervals and check on the progress, otherwise it might end up underneath a filing cabinet gathering dust while DVLA 'workers' go on strike or 'quiet quit' or whatever else the latest fad for public sector skivers is.

Thank you both for your replies. Inanusodedownhouse - what do you mean by checked online? I had no idea you could
Neither did I.
I called them up and they sent me a link. Useful because I did not have my driver ID number. I'm no further on but at least I don't have to sit on hold for ages just to be cut off, although they are getting better at answering calls now.

Neither did I.
I called them up and they sent me a link. Useful because I did not have my driver ID number. I'm no further on but at least I don't have to sit on hold for ages just to be cut off, although they are getting better at answering calls now.
They don't keep that link updated a month after my ban finished I had to tell them to change the status of my license they had me still banned 😤

The DVLA have confirmed they have all they need to make a decision and this has been the case for 3.5 weeks. The have my blood results and my GP wrote back to them in August. 3 times now they have confirmed they have all they need and it's waiting for the medical review team. I have called 3 times. First 2 times I was told by the adviser it would not be long now until I hear about a decision, but when I called today, I was told 'it would be sometime yet, due to the backlog, but we have all we need to make a decision. It's driving me bananas.

The DVLA have confirmed they have all they need to make a decision and this has been the case for 3.5 weeks. The have my blood results and my GP wrote back to them in August. 3 times now they have confirmed they have all they need and it's waiting for the medical review team. I have called 3 times. First 2 times I was told by the adviser it would not be long now until I hear about a decision, but when I called today, I was told 'it would be sometime yet, due to the backlog, but we have all we need to make a decision. It's driving me bananas.
And here i was hoping to get my licence back this year starting to think dvla will just tell you anything to shut us up

How flipping frustrating. I have an update. They have decided to write to my GP (again). They requested and sent my GP a letter/report prior to my medical. Now that are requesting more information. So the waiting continues.
I hope you get a positve update today

No idea what scanned into the system means, but everything crossed for you
I think it’s a generic term for “we haven’t got a clue mate”
These Friday phone calls are my weekly high point.
I find myself beginning the phone call with the enthusiasm of a child, only to finish the phone call to walk away a broken lonely old man lol. Ah well that’s my high and low point ticked for another week.

I think it’s a generic term for “we haven’t got a clue mate”
These Friday phone calls are my weekly high point.
I find myself beginning the phone call with the enthusiasm of a child, only to finish the phone call to walk away a broken lonely old man lol. Ah well that’s my high and low point ticked for another week.
I call every Mon, Wed & Friday.. they must love me!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off