How do I know if I am HRO

Convicted Driver Insurance

Gggp

Afternoon, I was banned for 26 months a few weeks ago, I asked my barrister if i would be classed as a HRO he said no but I am seeing posts that suggest I am. My breath was 90.

thanks in advance!

Afternoon, I was banned for 26 months a few weeks ago, I asked my barrister if i would be classed as a HRO he said no but I am seeing posts that suggest I am. My breath was 90.

thanks in advance!
Hi I believe that a reading of over 87.5 is classed as a high risk offender, you will also receive a letter off the DVLA telling you that you are classed as one.

thanks in advance!
Yes, you do fall into this category. Info is available on DVLA website

Attachments

• 98113102-8EA4-4C5A-82A0-560BFE99B823.png
    98113102-8EA4-4C5A-82A0-560BFE99B823.png
    275.4 KB · Views: 8

thanks in advance!

Over 87.5 is HRO, your barrister isn't used to working the petty sessions if he didn't even know that. Why did you have a barrister present for a drink driving case?

thanks in advance!
Looking back, I see you were going to run the ‘hip flask defence’ of drinking after you got home. That clearly did not work and if you had a barrister then I fear it was an expensive lesson in finding out how difficult that defence can be, despite what the ‘expert’ lawyers say!
I did ask you some questions in your first post that if you had taken the trouble to reply to, might have given you a clearer picture of how hopeless your case was……..

Thanks for the responses, I took the chance I was under extreme pressure to go to trial by my ex husband, 8k plus fines and costs of £1200.

I am glad it’s all over and I can tell family and friends who are all supporting me. It’s been the most stressful situation!

Oh dear…. But what is done is done and you now have to look forward. As your ex pressurised you, I take it he is contributing towards the £8k ?
Can I ask, Did you plead not guilty in the end? If you did, can you say why you lost? I am asking because it might help others in your position.

Last edited:
I went to court with a supporting toxicology report that was accepted by prosecution a witness who I was with before the event.

On the day it consisted of 2 magistrates and at the end they found me guilty £620 fine 26 month ban no community service.

Thanks for the information. The problem for you was that whilst the toxicology report was accepted, it is only of any use if the magistrates accept that the version of events that you told the toxicologist was true. Your expensive barrister should have warned you that such a defence was risky….. did he? Or just fill you with confidence that your money was well spent and he has a 100% success rate?

The toxicology report only says “The client says that she drank AA amount of alcohol at WW.WW time after she drove the car. This amount of alcohol at that time would have been likely to put her at a reading of 90 when she was breath tested at WW.WW + 1 time.”

The magistrates did not accept that your version of events was true, and based on your description of what you say happened I can understand why:

“very nervous, I was arrested after clipping a car on the way home from my ex husband’s home my son in the car I had had quite a large glass of red wine, I clipped A car as I turned into my shared driveway. I drank quite quickly 2 glasses of red wine and the person I clipped turned up at my doorstep quite aggressively 45 mins late we’ll be wasn’t the driver, I called the police as I felt threatened and drank - a large vodka whilst I waited. I was arrested and blew 90. Mycourt date is 10th February my ex husband is happy to provide a defence he would never allow me to drive with our son in tow. Advice would be gratefully received x”

I did point out that your version lacked credibility, for the drinking ‘at home’ and saying that your ex husband would never let you drive after drinking….. when you said that you had a “quite a large glass of wine” before you drove from his house.

I went to court with a supporting toxicology report that was accepted by prosecution a witness who I was with before the event.

On the day it consisted of 2 magistrates and at the end they found me guilty £620 fine 26 month ban no community service.
Oh dear. Put it behind you now. The account totally lacks credibility
(sorry: I’m not criticising) and whoever ran with it will have known that. However , you were really vulnerable at the time and we can all make poor choices ( like me when I drive while under the influence) . This is the start of a new chapter for you .

Oh dear. Put it behind you now. The account totally lacks credibility
(sorry: I’m not criticising) and whoever ran with it will have known that. However , you were really vulnerable at the time and we can all make poor choices ( like me when I drive while under the influence) . This is the start of a new chapter for you .
When I DROVE it should have read. That will never occur again . I’ve learnt from the whole thing , as I’m sure you will

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off