How do I answer, how many years I have held my license for on insurance after 56 day ban?

Convicted Driver Insurance

gabbyag

I recently received a 56 day ban for excessive speeding, which means my license got revoked and I have to apply as a new driver. I passed my test in 2016 and have been driving for over 3 years since then.

When it comes to insurance, on the question 'How Long have have you held this license for' would that be 0 years or 3+ years? As it will be a new license after my 56-day ban is up.
Also would I still be able to put my 3 years no claims bonus on as well?

Obviously this would make a huge different in terms of prices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unless you've been ordered to do a retest then the date you passed your test is the date you use, so if it was three years ago that's what you'll use, when you do have your licence back it'll just be another reissue of your driving licence with your penalty clause on it (look on the DVLA website) which you need to declare to insurance companies, with regards to your no claims bonus yes you certainly can use them you've earned them, and I think even if you don't drive they are still active for 1/2 years ...

Honestman is correct about the length of holding a licence that you quote.
No claims can be carried forward for 2 years. There are a few that recognise N/C for 3 years, which can benefit people on a 2-2.5 year ban

Unless you've been ordered to do a retest then the date you passed your test is the date you use, so if it was three years ago that's what you'll use, when you do have your licence back it'll just be another reissue of your driving licence with your penalty clause on it (look on the DVLA website) which you need to declare to insurance companies, with regards to your no claims bonus yes you certainly can use them you've earned them, and I think even if you don't drive they are still active for 1/2 years ...

I was ordered to re-sit my test due to living in Northern Ireland. My licence came with my original pass date in December 2013 on it.

What makes you think you have to resit your test. that is not normally the case unless the court ordered it which they normally only do for exceptional circumstances. if you get 1 56 day or more ban in Northern Ireland for speeding you just apply at the end of the ban for your licence.
If the court did make an order, what were the circumstances that led to them ordering a retest?

I was just replying to Honestman saying when you resit the date on your licence changed. There would be no chance you've been ordered to retake a test for less than a 3 month ban. They don't make you resit for anything 6 months and under in NI

Sorry, Grice96, I had a quick look and took it the post was from the original poster!

Is there any way of challenging the resit penalty given in court ??
The only way to appeal that would be to appeal the sentence, by going to the Crown Court. This has to be lodged within 21 days of sentencing...... and no legal aid available for that.
i have never heard of a successful appeal against an order to retake a driving test after disqualification.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off