Hope someone can advise.

Convicted Driver Insurance
Vic

The worst is over and done with.

The plus points are the court case is over, you are not a HRO - so no DVLA medical and no probation either.

Have you asked for the Drink Driving Reduction Course at court? It should reduce your ban to 13 months.

CJ

Vic

The plus points are the court case is over, you are not a HRO - so no DVLA medical and no probation either.

Have you asked for the Drink Driving Reduction Course at court? It should reduce your ban to 13 months.

CJ
It’s a new day & court behind you. Hope you asked for the course & if granted do it ASAP then it’s another tick ✅, done I think they were moving to zoom so if so less travel ! You also save some money on car insurance
With lockdown 3 if will give you time to sort out your travel etc you survive good luck

VIC,
I met many decent people on the drink drive course, in fact they were in the greater majority.
I did also meet a very few who I sadly realised would probably see again as they had learned no lessons at all. That is unless they killed someone and were in prison instead.........
We all make mistakes and what strikes me on here is how almost without exception (you will read who the exceptions are from their posts) people are decent folk who have made a mistake and are extremely remorseful.They take trouble to reassure others in the early stages of despair and offer sound advice.
Your ban of 17 months was a decent result and you were right to plead guilty from what you described. Your costs alone would have been a lot higher and you may well have got a ban higher up the 17-22 month bracket. BUT you might have got away with it! NOT on the grounds your ‘expert’ solicitor was promoting though.
How much did legal advice cost you in the end?

Reactions: Vic
Vic

CJ
Thanks for your reply, the hro was never a problem because of the medication I take it shows I don’t usually drink it was a one off; my blood levels are all recorded. Yes I can do the course
It’s a new day & court behind you. Hope you asked for the course & if granted do it ASAP then it’s another tick ✅, done I think they were moving to zoom so if so less travel ! You also save some money on car insurance
With lockdown 3 if will give you time to sort out your travel etc you survive good luck
Thanks, I did get the course just waiting for my case number so I can book it. I feel a lot better that’s it’s over with now x

VIC,
I met many decent people on the drink drive course, in fact they were in the greater majority.
I did also meet a very few who I sadly realised would probably see again as they had learned no lessons at all. That is unless they killed someone and were in prison instead.........
We all make mistakes and what strikes me on here is how almost without exception (you will read who the exceptions are from their posts) people are decent folk who have made a mistake and are extremely remorseful.They take trouble to reassure others in the early stages of despair and offer sound advice.
Your ban of 17 months was a decent result and you were right to plead guilty from what you described. Your costs alone would have been a lot higher and you may well have got a ban higher up the 17-22 month bracket. BUT you might have got away with it! NOT on the grounds your ‘expert’ solicitor was promoting though.
To be honest I think I’ve been lucky to get the 17 month and with the course I’ll be driving in February. In total it cost me just over £2000. For me to have a strong case they wanted to do 3 reports which would cost another £1000 which I said I wasn’t prepared to pay. One question if you could help me with. My previously car insurance cancelled my policy when the happened. I took out a new policy and put my mam as an additional driver. I had to pay for my insurance in one. Can I keep this running with my name on it do I have to inform them

VIC,

Price1367

On my course there was an NHS nurse, a recruitment consultant, a roofer and a retired chap in his 70s who got nabbed on the way home from the local legion club. There was no one on my course who was 'riff-raff' if that is the appropriate phrase to use.

CJ

A-Plan insurance write on here, they are best placed to answer this so hopefully they will respond.
If not, you could send them a PM

Price1367

On my course there was an NHS nurse, a recruitment consultant, a roofer and a retired chap in his 70s who got nabbed on the way home from the local legion club. There was no one on my course who was 'riff-raff' if that is the appropriate phrase to use.

CJ
You get all sorts of people. I have had on my courses Police officers, solicitors, doctors, teachers, an 82 year old man, who was surprised to see his granddaughter on the same course....a man who travelled 50 miles to do a course “Because the village where I live want to know all your business.” And then found there was another person on the same course fro the same village - for the same reason!....a well known TV star who signed autographs and took two female admirers on the course to lunch.... and another actor who told us he was on the course... but he is dead (well his character was dead but he was still under contract for another 3 months. We always stress confidentiality and I was disappointed when a builder on the course admitted that he had confided to his 2 daughters that he had met the actor on his course. I admonished him because of confidentiality being breached and he replied: “Oh no‘ The mroblem was for me. I have not told the family and when I said I had met xxxxx on the course they asked “Why is he on a scaffolding course dad?” I quickly said that I thought he was getting in to character for his next performance!
But then there was the woman who was drunk and threatened “I’ll rip your fucxxng head off” when I excluded her.... and the woman who had been excluded from 2 previous courses, was allowed one more chance, did 2 days with my course and was very honest with other members about how alcohol wrecks your life but then turned up on day 3 and was too drunk to get out of the taxi.........

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off