HELP

Convicted Driver Insurance

J.k

Hi everyone, do you need to include your prove of ID when reapplying for your license? Please

I don't have a British passport, my passport is currently with the home office just wanted to know if i can apply without any ID.
It gives examples of what is needed but it will hold it up so check form

Just recent passport number but if you had a paper licence need to send photo
My passport is currently with the home office, so i don't have any ID with me at moment. And i don't currently hold a British passport. Thanks by the way

If you do not have a British passport then it is going to be somewhat difficult to get a British driving licence.
you have to show that you meet this requirement:

“Only residents can apply for a UK driving licence, so foreign nationals are required to prove they have been living in the country 185 days within the past 12 months.”

If you meet the residency requirement do you have a driving licence from another country that you can apply to exchange?
you can use a foreign licence for a while in the UK, depending on where you are from. Check here to see if you qualify:

If you do not have a British passport then it is going to be somewhat difficult to get a British driving licence.
you have to show that you meet this requirement:

“Only residents can apply for a UK driving licence, so foreign nationals are required to prove they have been living in the country 185 days within the past 12 months.”

If you meet the residency requirement do you have a driving licence from another country that you can apply to exchange?
you can use a foreign licence for a while in the UK, depending on where you are from. Check here to see if you qualify:

Thanks for your help, But i have a residency permit but my passport currently with the home office as i applied for renewal because of the current situation its taking abit longer than its should...Between I had a full UK license i am on a ban and its due to end in December.

In you are just applying for your licence back then you should be OK applying without and proof of ID.
your only issue will be that you cannot apply for U.K. citizenship for 5 years after a drink drive conviction, if that is what you hope to do.
To be more precise, In theory you can apply, but in practice it will not be granted.

In you are just applying for your licence back then you should be OK applying without and proof of ID.
your only issue will be that you cannot apply for U.K. citizenship for 5 years after a drink drive conviction, if that is what you hope to do.
To be more precise, In theory you can apply, but in practice it will not be granted.
Thanks for the information, i heard its after 3 years regardless I will wait anyways. Paying the price for my stupid action

Thanks for the information, i heard its after 3 years regardless I will wait anyways. Paying the price for my stupid action
The Limit for offences where prison was not imposed is usually 3 years, as you say, but I enquired a while ago for a Sikh gentleman on a course and was told that the “good character“ element of applications meant that the length of time was usually considered to be 5 years for drink driving offences. Apply after 3 and see where it goes, good luck!

Reactions: J.k
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off