Help with online licence status after medical?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Chrissy228

Hi I've been waiting on an application getting processed since November I had a medical with the dvla which then had to write to my doctor I was told yesterday that they had all the relevant information to make a decision and someone would be looking at it soon so checked my online licence status today and its changed from banned until November can apply for licence to no entitlement does this mean my licence has been revoked I can't call them until tomorrow any help would be appreciated I just don't know what to think could it be changing over or have they refused me under status it says no current entitlement

Hi I've been waiting on an application getting processed since November I had a medical with the dvla which then had to write to my doctor I was told yesterday that they had all the relevant information to make a decision and someone would be looking at it soon so checked my online licence status today and its changed from banned until November can apply for licence to no entitlement does this mean my licence has been revoked I can't call them until tomorrow any help would be appreciated I just don't know what to think could it be changing over or have they refused me under status it says no current entitlement
No Entitlement certainly seems to indicate they have taken your licence from you.

The website is normally updated before you received your letter informing you of their decision. However, don't hold out too much hope of a detailed explanation.

I would phone them asap if you haven't already done so.

I use an autodialler on my mobile as it can take over an hour to get connected.

The revoked my licence with a cdt level of 0.7 which I think is absolutely outrageous iam definitely appealing it and taking it to court they treat you like a piece of paper when in reality iam human we are all different and all cases should not be treat the same they could of even give me it back provisionally with regular blood test they revoked it on a 0.7 CDT reading

The revoked my licence with a cdt level of 0.7 which I think is absolutely outrageous iam definitely appealing it and taking it to court they treat you like a piece of paper when in reality iam human we are all different and all cases should not be treat the same they could of even give me it back provisionally with regular blood test they revoked it on a 0.7 CDT reading
Thats not fair at all.0.7 is a pass why revoke it

Definitely appeal. That's bizarre. Are there any other factors you can think of for why they may have revoked it? Even with a CDT of 0.7?

Definitely appeal. That's bizarre. Are there any other factors you can think of for why they may have revoked it? Even with a CDT of 0.7?
I have been alcohol dependent in the past but haven't had an alcoholic drink since November 2019 it's so frustrating this whole medical process has been going on for nearly 6 month to be slapped in the face with a revoked licence I was counting on it I've set up a roofing company that has steady work and really needed it so I didn't have to count on drivers I've totally changed my life since my ban been sober 3 years been married set up a business and a farther to a beautiful little girl but to them iam just a piece of paper

I have been alcohol dependent in the past but haven't had an alcoholic drink since November 2019 it's so frustrating this whole medical process has been going on for nearly 6 month to be slapped in the face with a revoked licence I was counting on it I've set up a roofing company that has steady work and really needed it so I didn't have to count on drivers I've totally changed my life since my ban been sober 3 years been married set up a business and a farther to a beautiful little girl but to them iam just a piece of paper
This worries me as my situation sounds pretty similar to yours. History of alcohol dependance from 2016, which is recorded with my GP. Took medication to get off the booze in May 2020, so my last drink is recorded with them as the 31st May 2020. Even so, and hopefully with a CDT score similar to yours, I was crossing my fingers for a 12 month license to be issued at some point over the next few months. However, after reading your post I'm not as optimistic as I was.
Sorry to hear your news. If you do appeal I hope it goes well.

This worries me as my situation sounds pretty similar to yours. History of alcohol dependance from 2016, which is recorded with my GP. Took medication to get off the booze in May 2020, so my last drink is recorded with them as the 31st May 2020. Even so, and hopefully with a CDT score similar to yours, I was crossing my fingers for a 12 month license to be issued at some point over the next few months. However, after reading your post I'm not as optimistic as I was.
Sorry to hear your news. If you do appeal I hope it goes well.
First time it happened to me, I stopped drinking for 8 months, my CDT was 0.7% and I got a full licence back. I began drinking again and lost it in July 2019, but then stopped drinking and haven't had a drink since July 2019.

I recently got my licence back with a CDT 0.30%, but they did write to my GP and it is only a 1 year licence.

So I am surprised your licence has been revoked.

Can I ask;

1. Why did the DVLA send you for a medical?
2. Did your GP report something to them?
3. Were you convicted of Drink Driving?

Something must have sparked them into action, as they will not do it on their own for no reason.

Have you kept your GP appraised of when you stopped drinking?

They must has wrote to your doctor which has written back about your past history with alcohol. Did you get any liver function blood tests done the previous year before the medical or spoke with the GP about applying for your licence it makes all the difference.

First time it happened to me, I stopped drinking for 8 months, my CDT was 0.7% and I got a full licence back. I began drinking again and lost it in July 2019, but then stopped drinking and haven't had a drink since July 2019.

I recently got my licence back with a CDT 0.30%, but they did write to my GP and it is only a 1 year licence.

Can I ask;

Something must have sparked them into action, as they will not do it on their own for no reason.

I was banned for drink driving for 3 years took the case to court after serving 2 year of my ban the magistrates lifted my ban early so I applied that day for my licence then began the medicals and back and forth from my doctor don't understand why they couldn't issue me one for a year even and keep checking my bloods as I have no desire to consume alcohol no matter how difficult life gets

Can I ask;

Did the DVLA wrote to you first to let you know that they will be contacting your doctor for further enquries??

I was banned for drink driving for 3 years took the case to court after serving 2 year of my ban the magistrates lifted my ban early so I applied that day for my licence then began the medicals and back and forth from my doctor don't understand why they couldn't issue me one for a year even and keep checking my bloods as I have no desire to consume alcohol no matter how difficult life gets
Essentially after the court case, you were coming off a 2 year ban not a 3 year one. You then have to go through the same process as every other HRO to get your licence back.

I was also under the impression that you could not ask for a reduction unless your ban was for 4 years or more.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off