Help Please .....

Convicted Driver Insurance

Swanzea

Hi everyone, just a little bit of info about my situation.... I had a driving ban/disqualification for 12 months for a reading of 42 and done a DD aware course (which was amazing to be fair) so it reduced my time to 9months 1 day. My disqualification ended on the 22nd July 2021 and I renewed my license on the 19th. I sent it off with signed for with Royal Mail but they still haven’t delivered (I’ve got the receipt for the £65 postal order and for the signed for tracking)
I go online and I’m not disqualified vehicles to drive says “you do not have any driving entitlement”
Where does the Section 88 apply to me and what’s next etc regards Swanzea

When did you sent your application to DVLA? You say ‘the 19th’ but not which month! If it was the 19th July then you have wasted a lot of application time because you can apply 56 days before your ban is up.
I will quote below from a thread I have been writing on here, but you need to ensure that DVLA have received your completed and correct driving licence return application. If that is the case, then this is what S88 means for you:

OK folks, I have had a reply from my contact at DVLA about eligibility to drive for drink drivers who are NOT in the HRO category.
It is not quite unequivocal, but does indicate that a drink driver CAN drive under S88 once their correct application is received at DVLA, if there are no medical contra indications. Of course this only kicks in when the actual disqualification has run out, it does not allow a person to drive when they have applied 56 days before the end of the ban, just because they have applied.

“Dear Mr Price,

Drivers whose disqualification period has ended and who have reapplied to DVLA for a new licence may be eligible to drive under S88 while they wait for their new licence, as long as they satisfy all the other qualifying criteria. The driver must decide for themselves whether they meet all the criteria by consulting the following information leaflet on GOV.UK: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/inf1886-can-i-drive-while-my-application-is-with-dvla"

As you have indicated, many drivers contact DVLA to find out if they have section 88 cover to drive. DVLA cannot “confer” section 88, but can advise on what the qualifying criteria is.”

Yeah it was the 19th of July, I didn’t have a letter through the post and I didn’t know you could apply so many days before? I have filled the correct form and decided that until my license online says I am entitled to drive I won’t be driving. Everything else that I have done is correct looking at it

that is a shame… certainly on a TTC course you are advised about applying 56 90 days early and it is in the booklet that you use as a part of the course. I think it could well take several weeks for you to get your licence back.

Not waiting for my license to come back just until it says I’m entitled to drive.. i know I left it to late and a bit gutted but it’s out of my hands atm

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off