Help! Drink driving course JUST in time - what now?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Rachmolly80

Hi everyone. I posted last year when I was convicted of dd in jan 2014 with a breath reading of 86 (close call as just under HRO). Anyway, the letter from the court stated I needed to complete the driver awareness course by 02/03/15 - which I will have done. I want to know what to do next. Wait for court to notify Dvla or push on and send off d1 form with a copy of my certificate..? The guy running the court can't really tell me.

I have left it ft it really last minute, I couldn't afford it initially, then two courses were cancelled so luckily I got into the last possible one. I don't advise this!!

I checked on dvla and it says that I am disqualified until 28/09/15 so not sure what actual date I will get my licence back after the course.

i was banned for 20 months and honestly it has flown by. It's just this last bit that is dragging. I'm so used to walking everywhere a car now seems like a crazy luxury and I doubt I will use it as much as I used to, oh and certainly not after drinking ...

thanks guys x

Hi everyone. I posted last year when I was convicted of dd in jan 2014 with a breath reading of 86 (close call as just under HRO). Anyway, the letter from the court stated I needed to complete the driver awareness course by 02/03/15 - which I will have done. I want to know what to do next. Wait for court to notify Dvla or push on and send off d1 form with a copy of my certificate..? The guy running the court can't really tell me.

I have left it ft it really last minute, I couldn't afford it initially, then two courses were cancelled so luckily I got into the last possible one. I don't advise this!!

I checked on dvla and it says that I am disqualified until 28/09/15 so not sure what actual date I will get my licence back after the course.

i was banned for 20 months and honestly it has flown by. It's just this last bit that is dragging. I'm so used to walking everywhere a car now seems like a crazy luxury and I doubt I will use it as much as I used to, oh and certainly not after drinking ...

thanks guys x

Hi Rachmolly i,m assuming the DD course has reduced your ban by 5 months as mine did so assuming you were banned 28/01/2014 with the 5 reduction for the course your ban should be up on 28/04/15. As your not HRO which i,m glad your not cos it,s a bloody nightmare as i will explain in a mo will help you with your issue first. Take my advice from personal experience. Have you received a copy of the DD certificate? DVLA will not accept a copy from you it has to come from the court where you were sentenced. When did you complete the course and did you receive a copy of certificate via email? You should receive a letter from DVLA 56 days before your ban ends inviting you to apply for your licence 90 days if HRO which your not. IMHO ring DVLA Monday to see if they,ve received a copy from the courts or they just assume you haven,t completed the course and your 5 mnth reduction will not be taken into account which i found out only too well:mad: The licence will cost you £50 send a postal order will cost a bit more but won,t take as long as they wait weeks for a cheque to clear. While your at it ask if an upto date photo is required cos if your getting close to the 10 yrs since last photo renewal it will just stall things i asked and was told mine wasn,t due for renewal until 2018. Once you,ve spoken to them sent the D1 off as your probably close to the 56 days now anyway and they don,t rush my ban ended 20th jan 2015 and i,m still waiting for licence as DVLA medical department are so speedy in making a decision lol. Hope this helps if youy require any more info i,ll help if i can
Regards FLYNNO

Rachmolly,
sorry I seemed to have missed this one.
Flynno is right mostly in what he says. If it is TTC that has provided your course then send me a PM and I will chase it for you if you send me your name address and date of birth. I would hope it is not us as all out trainers should be very familiar with the process how to get your licence back. Obviously if it is another provider then I have no way of sorting it.
reading your posting, you say you WILL have completed the course by 2nd March. If you had not completed the course when you looked at the DVLA database then of course it will show that you have the full ban because they are not aware of the course.
At the end of the course, the provider has 14 days in which to issue a certificate (we usually do it in about 8) but then the court has to be notified, then they have to tell DVLA to amend their records. You therefore apply for your licence back 7 days after you receive your certificate of completion, using a D1 form from the Post Office.
For people whose ban ends later, DVLA should send a D27 form in the post 56 days from the end of the ban but in your case there is not enough time for this to happen.

Thanks Price wasn,t aware of the D27 form as wasn,t notified by DVLA in time and as i was applying for HGV as well i used D2 and D4 forms i will only give info on a what i know basis and that is not making any judgement on your knowledge as i,m aware your more clued up than me ;) great site. still waiting for my licence btw now 4 weeks after ban not bad eh

Flynno,
you are pretty clued up seeing as you have only been through this once..... I talk about these issues often, but have not actually e peri ended them myself of course.......!
keep hassling DVLA for an answer. Some people have involved their MP where the delaŷ is unacceptable.

Flynno,
you are pretty clued up seeing as you have only been through this once..... I talk about these issues often, but have not actually e peri ended them myself of course.......!
keep hassling DVLA for an answer. Some people have involved their MP where the delaŷ is unacceptable.

Hi again price i,ve just emailed my local MP and will await an answer if i get one i will post on here i personally think any delay is unacceptable i appreciate the DVLA are busy people but giving me 90 days before ban ends to apply for licence and then they wan,t another 4 weeks and some is taking the piss IMHO

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off