Hearing

Convicted Driver Insurance

Emily🙄

Hi how long from being arrested for drink driving have you waited to get a letter from court?

i had blood test in Bedfordshire area

Hi how long from being arrested for drink driving have you waited to get a letter from court?

i had blood test in Bedfordshire area
Hi I was stopped in May 2019 had bloods as machine faulty on second reading got letter end of October 2019 for court early November so Pre covid ( backlog in labs) but heard nothing before that
The waiting was awful & I had my life on hold, spent every day watching the post van go down my road
Did you had roadside or station breath test as tbh it’s an indication - you could work out if you know your units but need to really know measures etc to see if you will be over
I don’t have any advice how to cope during the wait apart from prep for court - character refs etc, & get it in your head you will be banned. Don’t fool yourself you are going to be ok ( the longer I waited the easier it is to think you will be ok ) ( if not a bonus)
Lots of help on here re telling employer, etc
It’s easier once court is over
Hope you have support, I had a very good friend who helped

I was caught early December 2019 and was told the following day, at the police station of my court date which was ealry Jan 2020, the letter confirming this came about a week later

I was 4-5 over the limit on roadside breath test, did bloods at hospital

yes the wait is a killer

I know I will get a driving ban

I have already looked in to solicitors, the sane solicitor came up twice on different searches. They sound nice and have good reviews Millars solicitors

anyone else used them?

They are ‘experts’ at drink drive cases, but if the case is clear cut, why are you going to pay them a lot just for some mitigation? This can be done yourself, by the duty solicitor free on the day (if available) or by using an ordinary solicitor for £3-400.
Using them may well cost you £ thousands.

They are ‘experts’ at drink drive cases, but if the case is clear cut, why are you going to pay them a lot just for some mitigation? This can be done yourself, by the duty solicitor free on the day (if available) or by using an ordinary solicitor for £3-400.
Using them may well cost you £ thousands.
Agree with Price I used local solicitor about £400 to do my mitigation as i knew I wasn’t able to but be careful about big companies promising everything

The letter wait was hell. 14/06/20 until 16/11/2020. Court date was Feb 21 where I pleaded (on solicitors advice) to not guilty. Next court date August 21. The waiting does not get easier. x

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off