Have completed course , got cerificate. What next?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Benn

Hi First of all would like to say how helpful this blog has been - thanks to all contributors. I have recently got my completion certificate from my DDRS course provider. At the end of the course, the trainer told me when my ban will come to an end when the course reduction is applied. My question is will anybody confirm that in writing? Given the current "operational challenges" at the DVLA I have no idea when or even if my driver record will be updated with the reduction. If not is it possible to get written confirmation of the new disqualification end date from either the Court of the Course Provider? What should happen after course completion?

Hi First of all would like to say how helpful this blog has been - thanks to all contributors. I have recently got my completion certificate from my DDRS course provider. At the end of the course, the trainer told me when my ban will come to an end when the course reduction is applied. My question is will anybody confirm that in writing? Given the current "operational challenges" at the DVLA I have no idea when or even if my driver record will be updated with the reduction. If not is it possible to get written confirmation of the new disqualification end date from either the Court of the Course Provider? What should happen after course completion?

Benn

Just be mindful - the process of verifying your completion of the drink driving course can take a few weeks.

The course trainer has to forward the candidates details to his/her employer. If it's TTC, they are based in Telford. Each candidate on the course will have a different Magistrates Court that convicted them. The admin staff at TTC have to then contact each respective Court and notify them that the drink driver has completed their course. The Clerk of Court will then approve the course document and they then have to notify the DVLA who will amend their own records accordingly.

TTC should send you a letter notifying you officially that you have completed the course (if TTC is the provider!). Speaking from my own experience - you do not get notified by the DVLA when your ban has been reduced. Your best bet is logging on to your driving licence details on the GOV.UK website (you will need to know your National Insurance number and Driving Licence number to log in). You should eventually see the ammended expiry date in due course.

As I said, it does take a good few weeks for the information to filter through to the DVLA and if you read the forum conversations, you will be aware that there are some massive issues with the DVLA at present, so there is every chance your record might not be updated for some time.

If you retain your drink driving course paperwork it should contain a reference number. If in a few months, it has still not been updated on GOV.UK, you need to chase this up with them.

CJ

Benn they will not inform you, but your driving licence record will be updated once the course provider has contacted the courts with the confirmation. It may take a few weeks to show, but if you log in to the check my licence part of the gov.uk website you will eventually see a reduced ban term.

Benn they will not inform you, but your driving licence record will be updated once the course provider has contacted the courts with the confirmation. It may take a few weeks to show, but if you log in to the check my licence part of the gov.uk website you will eventually see a reduced ban term.
Many thanks for your replies - 8 months to go so time to sort it but will start hassling DVLA in plenty of time!

Many thanks for your replies - 8 months to go so time to sort it but will start hassling DVLA in plenty of time
Many thanks for your replies - 8 months to go so time to sort it but will start hassling DVLA in plenty of time!
Definitely make sure you check with them. I discovered 12 months after course completion that they had not updated my info. DVLA stated they had not been informed by the Court that the course had been completed. The course provider issues completion information to the sentencing court , and they advise DVLA.

Reactions: RSC
Definitely make sure you check with them. I discovered 12 months after course completion that they had not updated my info. DVLA stated they had not been informed by the Court that the course had been completed. The course provider issues completion information to the sentencing court , and they advise DVLA.
I'm in a kind of similar situation so would love to know how you resolved this. (DVLA wrongly blaming the court for not updating them).

I'm in a kind of similar situation so would love to know how you resolved this. (DVLA wrongly blaming the court for not updating them).
Having spoken to DVLA , I managed to contact someone at the sentencing Court, who was very helpful and there and then composed an email to DVLA and sent it with course completion info etc . I rang DVLA 3 weeks later to confirm that they’d received it . They then updated online checker.

Today is the day my original ban would have been up. Checked online out of curiosity. DVLA now recognising my formerly "invalid" driver number and saying ban finished January. Grrrrrrrrrr. Already waiting on a reply on how to elevate my complaint to a Level 3 (looonnng story).

Today is the day my original ban would have been up. Checked online out of curiosity. DVLA now recognising my formerly "invalid" driver number and saying ban finished January. Grrrrrrrrrr. Already waiting on a reply on how to elevate my complaint to a Level 3 (looonnng story).
I’m sorry but I’ve forgotten where you are re your application ? I hope things are resolving themselves.

(Very delayed) medical next week. Likely followed by three month processing wait, so ten month delay added. Hence my complaint/s.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off