Has this happened to anyone else?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Queen_t68

Hi, I was a member back in 2010 when I lost my licence but no longer have that email address so I’m starting again from scratch, ok so firstly, I’ve been trying to contact the medical dept since February, all ways to no avail, my story is long so I will try to compact it as best as possible.
when I was disqualified I was 2x over the limit, I paid to do the course to get ban reduced and had had my licence back for 2 years, then suddenly out of blue had a letter saying I was classed as a HRO and needed to have a medical to retain my licence, seemed odd but I went ahead paid and failed, no idea how as I’d practically been tee total since I got disqualified, so I repeated this 3 times and failed them all, never any explanation, just letter saying failed and application forms for another medical, after the 3 “failed medical” I got so fed up not to mention skint I just thought stuff it, I won’t drive then, it was fine till last year when my elderly mother became ill and was continually being rushed in & out of hospital, so I decided to reapply again, I also needed to change name, address marital status etc and send new photo, oh and £90, this was beginning of Feb, since then I’ve received forms to fill in which I returned immediately , they replied saying my gp needed to be sent some also, it said paper applications were taking longer so to begin with I didn’t chase them up, I chased them March, April, May and this month, my GP even called me directly saying they’d sent him the same forms again 2 months after he’d returned the first, there’s nothing in my medical files about alcohol, I’ve had umpteen blood tests last few years of which he said we’re all normal, he was quite irate at how they were bothering him and treating me, so I’ve been trying to call never any reply, always automated messages, I know they’re always striking as well, I fill in forms online they just reply saying I need to call medical dept, as they can’t share info online, I’m now getting quite irate, I was thinking due to COVID no medical were being performed but reading the forum I see otherwise, so, today I gave them a piece of my mind, only online of course, they replied immediately saying how sorry and how they understood but it’s down to the medical dept, anyways I’m now thinking I’ve probably annoyed them that much they’ll make me do another blooming medical!! What’s everyone’s thoughts please?
And yes this is the short version 🤣 sorry

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view, I don't think you have annoyed them as such, it's just that right now the DVLA are not fit for purpose .. Do a search on here, you will see just how frustrated people are getting.

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view, I don't think you have annoyed them as such, it's just that right now the DVLA are not fit for purpose .. Do a search on here, you will see just how frustrated people are getting.
Yes, I’ve been reading it all, not really fit for purpose are they?!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off