Had some conflicting advise

Convicted Driver Insurance

Richard33

So I stupidly lost my provisional licence and couple of years ago for for drink driving. I blew 75. Now have sent off my application to get my provisional back. So I managed to get threw to the dvla and they have said has long has I makesure I've met all the criteria I can ride my bike under section 88. I mean if this is true great. But If the worst was to happen and I got pulled over I don't want to lose my licence again. Advise much needed please

So I stupidly lost my provisional licence and couple of years ago for for drink driving. I blew 75. Now have sent off my application to get my provisional back. So I managed to get threw to the dvla and they have said has long has I makesure I've met all the criteria I can ride my bike under section 88. I mean if this is true great. But If the worst was to happen and I got pulled over I don't want to lose my licence again. Advise much needed please
No you cannot drive under S88 - You have already been told this previously. Section 88 is applicable for people who have had their licence reinstated previously and it has expired awaiting a medical review. As your licence was revoked for drink driving, you cannot drive until your licence has been reinstated. If the DVLA have told you that you can drive under S88, they are either mistaken about your circumstances, or you are mistaken about what they said.

DVLA are right: ‘so long as you have met the criteria’.... they say that because they are not going to tell you you CAN drive in case it is based on wrong information from you. They simply put the onus on you to check it out.
As Bigtom says, you do NOT meet the criteria, so you cannot ride a motor cycle while you are waiting.

I was quite clear with this advice yesterday, where is the conflicting advice coming from? Certainly no one here in the know would advise you that you can. If the conflicting advice has come from here, against what your mates in the pub have said, then I think there isn’t really any conflicting advice, just wrong ill informed advice from your mates......

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off