Had my medical today

Convicted Driver Insurance

MaryM123

Well Known Member
I had my medical today. I was in for about 20 mins - took ages to get blood from me - I’ve always been told I have very thin veins and the clinic was feeezing which didn’t help. Got there eventually!

The doctor asked me the questions on the form that has been posted on here. I answered all of these honesty - my accident which I lost my license as a result was 7 years ago but I also had a period of alcohol 4 years ago which I was prescribed acamposate for and I have suffered with anxiety in the past. I had a 2 day binge early June last year due to lockdown stress and anxiety, but this led to me deciding enough is enough and I haven’t drunk since July 2020.

He then completed a physical exam by looking at me (no actually examination was carried out) and he confirmed I did not show any physical signs that i had alcohol issues.

He then Asked me some questions about my current levels of drinking, whether anyone had ever expressed concern about my drinking, did I take drugs etc and each answer was given a 0, 1 or 2 (from what my upside down reading could see.)

I haven’t had alcohol for a year so not worried about CDT levels but the receptionist did say how more tests were having to be retaken as the samples were contaminated - there were 2 retests today but 6 in the clinic before this one!

Waiting game now and I’ll see if my history counts against me.

Reactions: TPR
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off