GP Questionnaire

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sharie65

Been waiting 3 weeks since driver’s medical and blood test as I’m a HRO. Answered no to all my questions on questionnaire except for mental health. Just rung DVLA to be told they’re sending my GP a questionnaire. What is this all about? What sort of questions will be on it? Bit concerned as my last Psychiatrist report said I had alcohol use disorder in May. I haven’t drunk since then and been attending AA. Will I not get my license back?
Really worried.

Usually when Dvla write out to your gp this will be done with medical form DD2 for drink related issues or an M2, for mental health or both, the questions on these firms all relate to alcohol issues and mental health and your gp is duty bound to give them the information they hold on you for Dvla to consider issuing out a licence

They will ask questions about alcohol use and mental health.
The fact that you answered no to all the questions will be found out to be lies....! I would expect DVLA to put you in the dependency category which will require you to show abstinence for 12 months. If you have not had any test done in recent months then the 12 months will start from now.
Because you were not honest on the medical form they will be strict on this.

Yes do prepare for the Dvla medical process which involves dependency procedures first of all with the 12 months of abstination

T
Does that mean they won’t give me a temporary license?
You lied on the questionnaire that points out it is an offence to not be honest on the form, have alcohol issues (which I accept you are dealing with, but are still recent) and then wonder if you will get a temporary licence?
You will, each year for 6 years, but only after demonstrating 12 months abstinence first, and then continued abstinence.

Does that mean they won’t give me a temporary license?
Yes price is right temporary licences are ONLY issued after you’ve been through the Dvla medical process and that you have satisfied the Dvla that All parameters are met the term temp licence is also known as a Period Reveiw Licence......in Dvla ......

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off