GP has been written to

Convicted Driver Insurance
Correct me if I’m wrong please, but my understanding is the that as an HRO, they will write to your GP regardless of result. There will be as it appears, some who slip through the net though.

With a passed medical and a clean medical file, your licence will be renewed... it’s just a matter of waiting.

With a passed medical but documented alcohol misuse/dependency, you’ll be asked to prove no alcohol consumption for 6/12 months. This is when these LFT tests kick in.

A failed medical means it doesn’t really matter what your GP says.

Now I realise it’s not in the bag until it’s in the bag, but, thankfully for me, I am 99% sure I am in the first bracket.

Am I way off the mark here Price?
When I spoke to DVLA medical team, they don't tell results but when I pushed him, he said it's on next stage. If cdt report comes up positive then they refuse application straight away.

I don't know how much truth it is. Let's see. On waiting game lol

Thanks for the reply mate, you said "it doesn't mean they are good" but wouldn't they refuse the application straight away if it wasn't good?

Sorry to be a pain, but I am quite stressed atm.
Qasim3637, when I spoke with DVLA, they told me if your CDT was a fail, they would automatically refuse you. I called them today and my doctor as I'm in the same situation. It's my doctor that has requested an LFT, not the DVLA. If you failed the CDT test from what I was told, they wouldn't even bother writing to your doctor. But it seems every case is different.

When I spoke to DVLA medical team, they don't tell results but when I pushed him, he said it's on next stage. If cdt report comes up positive then they refuse application straight away.

I don't know how much truth it is. Let's see. On waiting game lol

I pushed my GP and they managed to return the questionnaire to DVLA last week. That was roughly 13 days after receiving it. If your practice has an email address then email them as well.

It would make sense to have thought if your CDT wasn’t to standard then they wouldn’t bother with the GP as they could refuse there and then. However, they certainly wrote to my GP and if my CDT was positive then I’d probably just give up, considering the length of time I went without alcohol and the negative result from my private test beginning of August.

Qasim3637, when I spoke with DVLA, they told me if your CDT was a fail, they would automatically refuse you. I called them today and my doctor as I'm in the same situation. It's my doctor that has requested an LFT, not the DVLA. If you failed the CDT test from what I was told, they wouldn't even bother writing to your doctor. But it seems every case is different.

Cheers. At least I got some comfort LOL. At least you witnessed that too so it's a good sign. I have only been to twice to my doctor with general health problems over the past 5 years or so. I guess it's a good sign.
Thanks

Cheers. At least I got some comfort LOL. At least you witnessed that too so it's a good sign. I have only been to twice to my doctor with general health problems over the past 5 years or so. I guess it's a good sign.
Thanks

With that in mind and without tempting fate, I’d say you’ll be fine if my understanding of the process is correct. It’s a case of just waiting unfortunately. 🙄

Thanks for the reply mate, you said "it doesn't mean they are good" but wouldn't they refuse the application straight away if it wasn't good?

Sorry to be a pain, but I am quite stressed atm.

There is a middle 'grey area' where the need further information, or there is something in the medical questionnaire when they want to check information with the GP.

For example, if someone says !I haven't had a drink in months" but their CDT score is raised (Not high enough to cause a fail) then that indicates they may be telling porkies and further enquiries are needed to see what their history is.

There is a middle 'grey area' where the need further information, or there is something in the medical questionnaire when they want to check information with the GP.

For example, if someone says !I haven't had a drink in months" but their CDT score is raised (Not high enough to cause a fail) then that indicates they may be telling porkies and further enquiries are needed to see what their history is.
If there's any advice I can give to anyone going through this process, it's DON'T LIE on your questionnaire!

You are right. I actually did say that. But I only had 2 drinks in 40 days prior to medical test. But I said I didn't lol.

You are right. I actually did say that. But I only had 2 drinks in 40 days prior to medical test. But I said I didn't lol.
It's taken me since March to get to the stage I'm at now and that's being 100% honest. Between the dvla and the doctors, I reckon if you lie, they'd find out and you'd have to start the whole awful process again. We've all messed up. That's why we're all on this forum. Better to have peace of mind.

It's taken me since March to get to the stage I'm at now and that's being 100% honest. Between the dvla and the doctors, I reckon if you lie, they'd find out and you'd have to start the whole awful process again. We've all messed up. That's why we're all on this forum. Better to have peace of mind.
I know what you mean buddy. I just need my licence and I am f*****g never going close to my car even if I had one drink. Fingures cross now just waiting. We learn from our mistakes as long as we don't repeat we wouldn't be on this forum ever again.

I know what you mean buddy. I just need my licence and I am f*****g never going close to my car even if I had one drink. Fingures cross now just waiting. We learn from our mistakes as long as we don't repeat we wouldn't be on this forum ever again.
I've got my fingers crossed for you 🤞

Just to jump in this thread, thanks to price1367,I started a complaint with dvla,rang this evening and its confirmed I am allocated a medical!
Now it's the long wait,as the one near me is booked until January!!
Hope they do block bookings soon!

Just to jump in this thread, thanks to price1367,I started a complaint with dvla,rang this evening and its confirmed I am allocated a medical!
Now it's the long wait,as the one near me is booked until January!!
Hope they do block bookings soon!
Pleased for you. You could have chosen your wording better though, DVLA have been blocking bookings for medicals for months.....

I pushed my GP and they managed to return the questionnaire to DVLA last week. That was roughly 13 days after receiving it. If your practice has an email address then email them as well.

It would make sense to have thought if your CDT wasn’t to standard then they wouldn’t bother with the GP as they could refuse there and then. However, they certainly wrote to my GP and if my CDT was positive then I’d probably just give up, considering the length of time I went without alcohol and the negative result from my private test beginning of August.
UPDATE: My GP's secretary just confirmed that doctor handed over the questionnaire form after filling it, and she is gonna be posting it today. Next 2 weeks are crucial. Finger Cross

UPDATE: My GP's secretary just confirmed that doctor handed over the questionnaire form after filling it, and she is gonna be posting it today. Next 2 weeks are crucial. Finger Cross
That's brilliant news! Fingers crossed. I got a cancellation at doctors and have an LFT this Friday. We're getting there. Keep going 😁

Just called DVLA and they have advised me they have received the GP form and it’s with the team to review along with my medical.

Really hoping it’s not too much longer now. They confirmed they have everything they need to make a decision.

For info. The doctor advised they sent the form 1st class last Thursday. DVLA advised it was uploaded to their system yesterday, so a weeks turnaround.

Just called DVLA and they have advised me they have received the GP form and it’s with the team to review along with my medical.

Really hoping it’s not too much longer now. They confirmed they have everything they need to make a decision.

For info. The doctor advised they sent the form 1st class last Thursday. DVLA advised it was uploaded to their system yesterday, so a weeks turnaround.

I actually cannot believe this but I emailed Tim Burton shortly after me finding out DVLA have everything they need. 10 minutes after my email (yes 10 minutes) DVLA phoned me and advised they have issued my licence 👍👍👍 full licence.
My CDT came back 0.5 they confirmed.

I actually cannot believe this but I emailed Tim Burton shortly after me finding out DVLA have everything they need. 10 minutes after my email (yes 10 minutes) DVLA phoned me and advised they have issued my licence 👍👍👍 full licence.
Who is Tim burton how do you get his email x

Made up for you!!!!! Congratulations 👏

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off