GP has been written to

Convicted Driver Insurance
Yes its true every case is different and its just difficult to get your licence back if you are classed as HRO.
Do you have the DVLA email address the GP can use to send back the completed medical forms?

Yes its true every case is different and its just difficult to get your licence back if you are classed as HRO.
Do you have the DVLA email address the GP can use to send back the completed medical forms?

Yes, although I think if there is no previous history recorded with GP re alcohol/depression etc and you pass your DVLA medical, then it’s a formality getting your licence back, you just need to wait and play the game. 🙄

If your GP file shows anything then yes, the process can be difficult it appears. I am glad that is one thing I can be content with. It should be made clear by the courts in my opinion what exactly is involved.

The email address i was provided with was eftd@dvla.gov.uk.

Hope that helps.

Hi all,

So spoken to the GP and they have completed the form and will be sending it first class tonight. They advised me they’d email it, but I’ll settle for first class today to be honest. Just glad that’s another hurdle done.

My question is, they never contacted me at all when completing this, and for anyone reading my posts, will know my medical file is routine with no reference to any alcohol problems. Is it normal for them to not contact you? I am presuming if there were any concerns, they’d have been in touch?

I contacted DVLA as well and they advised me my medical results are completed but they couldn’t disclose my results as the representative wasn’t medically trained.

I am anticipating a routine GP form and a passed DVLA medical.

Am I naive to think it’ll be a formality now?

Dvla wrote to my gp prior to me being offered a medical, I rang on Tuesday to be told they were going to offer me a medical with a franchised doctor, and rang this morning for an update to be told that decision has not been made yet!
This is becoming a struggle now and contemplating my mp for help,anyone else had to do this?

Dvla wrote to my gp prior to me being offered a medical, I rang on Tuesday to be told they were going to offer me a medical with a franchised doctor, and rang this morning for an update to be told that decision has not been made yet!
This is becoming a struggle now and contemplating my mp for help,anyone else had to do this?
Have you started a stage one complaint with DVLA? This has produced results for people on here and probably better than contacting your MP who may initially just ask for the outcome of your complaint......

Last edited:
Have you started a stage one complaint with DVLA a? This has produced results for people on here and probably better than contacting your MP who may initially just ask for the outcome of your complaint......

No not yet, will try that,thanks!

Have you started a stage one complaint with DVLA? This has produced results for people on here and probably better than contacting your MP who may initially just ask for the outcome of your complaint......

I've submitted a stage one complaint now,stating what I've been told,let's hope for an outcome, they have sent me a system generated email to acknowledge my concerns, and I have also emailed Tim Burton, I feel this is not out of order considering the timescale, many thanks for the link

Good luck, you must be very frustrated by this delay.
Absolutely,especially after being informed that I was eligible for a medical then told otherwise, not conclusive btw,just a worry because it was a new gp that filled the dd2 form,and asked me questions that my previous go knew, ie. last drink date,and I've only got 2 lft results,both very good,one April,one October...

Absolutely,especially after being informed that I was eligible for a medical then told otherwise, not conclusive btw,just a worry because it was a new gp that filled the dd2 form,and asked me questions that my previous go knew, ie. last drink date,and I've only got 2 lft results,both very good,one April,one October...
gp,not go,typo

I've submitted a stage one complaint now,stating what I've been told,let's hope for an outcome, they have sent me a system generated email to acknowledge my concerns, and I have also emailed Tim Burton, I feel this is not out of order considering the timescale, many thanks for the link
Hi Chrism2800, could you please send me the Tim Burton email address, as I am now going down the same route after starting Stage 1 complaints procedure. Many thanks

Afternoon all, I think I am just looking for re assurances as i am now seeing a bit light at the end of the tunnel.

I went for my medical on Friday and it all went fine. No concerns with it. Doctor seemed happy with the physical checks he done and having had my last drink 15 weeks prior, my CDT will be what they are looking for. In fact, it was 0.8 with medichecks beginning of August.

I answered all the questions with honesty and it they all point towards no drink problems at all.

As a HRO though, I knew there was a big chance they’d write to my GP, which DVLA have confirmed they have written out today. A very quick turnaround that to be fair considering my medical was only Friday.

No concerns there at all either. Had it confirmed by my GP 2 weeks ago there are no red flags on my record. No history or references at all to drink at all.

So with the above in mind, it is just a case of seeing the next few weeks out right?🙏

Choking to get back on the road.

Grantyone I am in the same situation. DVLA has contacted my GP and sent some documents to him But my GP has been a lazy ass and he didn't send documents back to DVLA and they are still sitting with him for over 2 weeks now.

I am just trying to understand one thing and have a question?

If DVLA has contacted my GP, does that mean my CDT test report is good? As they don't give any f****g update on blood results.

Grantyone I am in the same situation. DVLA has contacted my GP and sent some documents to him But my GP has been a lazy ass and he didn't send documents back to DVLA and they are still sitting with him for over 2 weeks now.

I am just trying to understand one thing and have a question?

If DVLA has contacted my GP, does that mean my CDT test report is good? As they don't give any f****g update on blood results.

it doesn’t mean they are good, they could be, buy could also be borderline so the outcome could depend on what is in your medical notes From the past 6 years.
many Doctors aRe not treating DVLA enquires with any sense of urgency, and they are not chased up for 6 weeks, maybe longer with the Covid situation. I would suggest (politely) nagging your doctor to get the reply done as soon as possible.

it doesn’t mean they are good, they could be, buy could also be borderline so the outcome could depend on what is in your medical notes From the past 6 years.
many Doctors aRe not treating DVLA enquires with any sense of urgency, and they are not chased up for 6 weeks, maybe longer with the Covid situation. I would suggest (politely) nagging your doctor to get the reply done as soon as possible.

Correct me if I’m wrong please, but my understanding is the that as an HRO, they will write to your GP regardless of result. There will be as it appears, some who slip through the net though.

With a passed medical and a clean medical file, your licence will be renewed... it’s just a matter of waiting.

With a passed medical but documented alcohol misuse/dependency, you’ll be asked to prove no alcohol consumption for 6/12 months. This is when these LFT tests kick in.

A failed medical means it doesn’t really matter what your GP says.

Now I realise it’s not in the bag until it’s in the bag, but, thankfully for me, I am 99% sure I am in the first bracket.

Am I way off the mark here Price?

Thanks for the reply mate, you said "it doesn't mean they are good" but wouldn't they refuse the application straight away if it wasn't good?

Sorry to be a pain, but I am quite stressed atm.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off