GP first, then DVLA medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

ibble

Hi

I recently applied to the court to have my license returned early. This was granted so I am now in the process of applying through the DVLA. They sent a questionnaire to my GP and I've just had an appointment with him to fill it out. I'm a high risk offender so was fully expecting a medical investigation. However, I thought it would be the DVLA medical first and then the letter to the GP. Has anyone had any experience of things being done GP first?

Thanks
Ed

Never heard of anyone attending thier own GP as a DVLA request prior to DVLA appointed one ... New one on me

Hi

I recently applied to the court to have my license returned early. This was granted so I am now in the process of applying through the DVLA. They sent a questionnaire to my GP and I've just had an appointment with him to fill it out. I'm a high risk offender so was fully expecting a medical investigation. However, I thought it would be the DVLA medical first and then the letter to the GP. Has anyone had any experience of things being done GP first?

Thanks
Ed
You might be one of the lucky ones, GP questionarres, medical, licence....

they a law to themselves . ive been on here for a while now still going through al there docs investigation and all that , theses are tho so called professional ppl that cant even send my bloods off on time so I had to do another \ok they paid for it but whos going to pay my days wage while having another day off, reports now been sent off to my dr ,said 5 days until scan on computer , then more bullshit I expext , I can understand upmost frustrations on here it is an absoulte farce , second class post in this day of age \ come on5 day scan seems they need to sort there IT business out , it not on treating ppl for 1 mistake theve mad,

they a law to themselves . ive been on here for a while now still going through al there docs investigation and all that , theses are tho so called professional ppl that cant even send my bloods off on time so I had to do another \ok they paid for it but whos going to pay my days wage while having another day off, reports now been sent off to my dr ,said 5 days until scan on computer , then more bullshit I expext , I can understand upmost frustrations on here it is an absoulte farce , second class post in this day of age \ come on5 day scan seems they need to sort there IT business out , it not on treating ppl for 1 mistake theve mad,
They will allow you and your doctor's to email. But it's still 4 to 5 days from receipt and they allow the same for delivery even by email lol

Last edited:
It's probably an initial DVLAquestion when did you last see your GP (especially if you ever wondered more than a year)it speed up process
If that's the case saves you 4 weeks of delays and improves there

It's probably an initial DVLAquestion when did you last see your GP (especially if you ever wondered more than a year)it speed up process
If that's the case saves you 4 weeks of delays and improves there
Hi Craig

I went to see the GP a few weeks ago to get a liver function test to use as evidence when I was applying to the court for an early return of my licence. Which was successful. My assumption is that they will still want me to go for a medical with a DVLA doctor because I am a high risk offender (high alcohol reading).

Ed

Correct no matter how many local GP tests you take you will always be required to take the DVLA medical, however you now have your own GP backing when the dvla start asking questions hi

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off