Gov. guidelines for medical decisions attaining to Alcohol

Convicted Driver Insurance

Muckypup

Had a proper SESSION last night .
Working thru just about every Discussion on here , looking for similarities to my own Position .

I found my reason for BEING , that is my reason for Being in the position I’m in .

PERSONAL circumstances are irrelevant, but do wish I could remember who Posted the LINK , so I could thank them for their VALUED / FACTUAL input . ( although was reading until about 04:45 . . . Like I said , proper session ! )

The link of interest is the GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES for Medical Decisions concerning ALCOHOL , and here it is . . .

. . . Or NOT

Sorry I’m not so clever ( obviously ) with computers . Will post this then have to go back and enter LINK DETAILS manually

This is the appendix which particularly interests me , being labelled “ Dependant on Alcohol “

Absolutely NO mention of alcohol at Doctors since about 2002

YES I had an inexplicably high CDT after “Relaxing Christmas “ , but that would suggest to me that the Doctor who took my sample didn’t make any record of “ What I Said “

Looking forward to records / communications back from DVLA which should “ clear this up “

I think you'll find the DD2 filled in by your GP will quite possibly relate to your discussion about alcohol in 2002, the DVLA will only licence you or revoke you according to what your GP confirms on either the DD2 or M2.....and with a high CDT reading there's obviously some alcohol issues shrouding your medical fitness to drive......they went back as far as 2006 with me ....

I think you'll find the DD2 filled in by your GP will quite possibly relate to your discussion about alcohol in 2002, the DVLA will only licence you or revoke you according to what your GP confirms on either the DD2 or M2.....and with a high CDT reading there's obviously some alcohol issues shrouding your medical fitness to drive......they went back as far as 2006 with me ....

2006 ! ? I thought they only asked about the last 6 years , what on Earth could you have done 14 years ago , to STILL BE affecting their decisions ( you only get about 15 years for ACTUAL MURDER ! )

CORRECTION : Blood pressure was taken in 2012 , not 2002 . ( advised by GP to “ cut down “ _ that’s all that was said ? ) Still , I would call that 8 years ago , so wouldn’t mention it again , or think it relevant .

Anyway , when my Case File comes back , it should hopefully shed some light . . .

The first thing I should say is that I haven't been convicted of a DD offence, or any other for that matter. I did, however, suffer from a bout of severe depression which meant I spent several months in hospital. More recently, the DVLA wrote to me requesting I a take a medical test (the same test applied to convicted drivers - including the CDT). They have revoked my license for six months. I've asked them to provide me with the CDT results.Has anyone been through similar and is it worth me appealing - given I didn't Drink and Drive.

b747 . 8m trying to post a link for you but control of computer is lacking .
There IS a good LINK however .

Go back to Topics page and look at the Discussion “what to say at medical “ ( by Pookie ) it’s a DETAILED list of all the Medication the DVLA don’t approve you mixing with Alcohol whilst DRIVING

Let us know what you make of it .

The first thing I should say is that I haven't been convicted of a DD offence, or any other for that matter. I did, however, suffer from a bout of severe depression which meant I spent several months in hospital. More recently, the DVLA wrote to me requesting I a take a medical test (the same test applied to convicted drivers - including the CDT). They have revoked my license for six months. I've asked them to provide me with the CDT results.Has anyone been through similar and is it worth me appealing - given I didn't Drink and Drive.
No point in appealing DVLA will have all the necessary information to take you off the road, you can be revoked for severe depression 6\12 months depending on how bad your condition is, sometimes people use alcohol to cope with mental health issues, just do what DVLA ask and supply medical evidence when requested....

No point in appealing DVLA will have all the necessary information to take you off the road, you can be revoked for severe depression 6\12 months depending on how bad your condition is, sometimes people use alcohol to cope with mental health issues, just do what DVLA ask and supply medical evidence when requested....
Thanks, it seems my only option.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off