Got caught drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

JackEdIles

Hello,

So earlier on in the day, I was pulled over by the police in the early hours of the morning for driving under the influence of alcohol. It was about 3 in the morning and on a quiet road. I had 61 milligrams through the breathalyzer and since this will be my first DR and first conviction what are the chances of receiving a 12-16 month disqualification instead of a potential 17-22 one? Also looking at the situation how many points do you reckon I will get?

Thanks, Jack.

Hello,

So earlier on in the day, I was pulled over by the police in the early hours of the morning for driving under the influence of alcohol. It was about 3 in the morning and on a quiet road. I had 61 milligrams through the breathalyzer and since this will be my first DR and first conviction what are the chances of receiving a 12-16 month disqualification instead of a potential 17-22 one? Also looking at the situation how many points do you reckon I will get?

Thanks, Jack.
The sentencing guidelines are 17 months+ so unless you have good mitigation, there will be no reason for the magistrates to sway away from this.

You will get 0 points. Drink driving does not carry any points, the ban/fine/criminal record is all you get!

Jack

You should be eligible for the drink driving reduction course which will knock 25% off the ban time. You need to request this from the Court Clerk when you appear before the Magistrates. This is providing you make a guilty plea.

The good thing working in your favour is that you don't fall into the HRO (High Risk Offender) category, so you won't have to endure the pain and misery of going through a medical and drawing battle lines with the DVLA.

There is no mitigating circumstances to your case, so it should be a pretty straight forward affair for you when you attend court. Good luck on the day.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off