Full 10 year license now issued.

Convicted Driver Insurance

snk7

I had a 2nd Drink drive back in 2014, the first was in 2007. (I was going through a bad patch in my life for the second one). So I was HRO.

Anyway. I got a 42-month ban, £250 fine, No prison, No community service.

I had to go through four yearly medicals, (all passed). On the questionnaires I had I did indicate I was drinking 6-9 units a week.

DVLA never wrote to me or mentioned anything about 'Proof of no-alcohol for a year' (something that keeps cropping up on this forum). When they wrote to me about doing a medical on my 3rd & 4th they did insert information about ‘Drinking Guidelines’ !

To be honest this whole process has been stressful and a few weeks ago I got my Full 10 year license – to my relief. (I NEVER drink & drive again).

Just sharing my experience, If anyone has any questions, or was in the same boat as me? Feel free to contact me.

I had a 2nd Drink drive back in 2014, the first was in 2007. (I was going through a bad patch in my life for the second one). So I was HRO.

Anyway. I got a 42-month ban, £250 fine, No prison, No community service.

I had to go through four yearly medicals, (all passed). On the questionnaires I had I did indicate I was drinking 6-9 units a week.

DVLA never wrote to me or mentioned anything about 'Proof of no-alcohol for a year' (something that keeps cropping up on this forum). When they wrote to me about doing a medical on my 3rd & 4th they did insert information about ‘Drinking Guidelines’ !

To be honest this whole process has been stressful and a few weeks ago I got my Full 10 year license – to my relief. (I NEVER drink & drive again).

Just sharing my experience, If anyone has any questions, or was in the same boat as me? Feel free to contact me.
Hey, thanks for sharing with us, sounds like it's been a stressful time and I can only imagine your relief now it's all over!!
I'd like to ask, if you don't mind, just on how long the process was for you from applying for your licence to getting a letter to do the medical, to the date of your appointment and when you licence was reissued after all of that?
I've read a lot about dvla medicals and the backlogs due to strikes and covid. Just curious on your process! 😊 Thanks x

Hey, thanks for sharing with us, sounds like it's been a stressful time and I can only imagine your relief now it's all over!!
I'd like to ask, if you don't mind, just on how long the process was for you from applying for your licence to getting a letter to do the medical, to the date of your appointment and when you licence was reissued after all of that?
I've read a lot about dvla medicals and the backlogs due to strikes and covid. Just curious on your process! 😊 Thanks x
The previous

DVLA wrote to me all the time to take a medical, The first couple of years when I did the medical It took about a month for me to get the yearly license. (The doctor(s) always checked the questionaries and go through it with me, they also did a basic health examination, like check my weight, blood pressure, a quick feel on my Liver – all was fine)

During COVID, DVLA told me I did not have to get a medical done, they wrote to my doctor, my doctor called me and asked me questions – All good and send the details over – I was driving under Section 88.

My last medical – this year – It was just a quick turnaround – 1 week, I got my Full License back after medical.

What I noticed over the years (especially for me) – I always booked my medical first thing in the morning – the time the surgery opens. I do it Mid-week It works because they can send off the blood sample quicker. – thus a quicker response from DVLA.

Hope this helps?

DVLA wrote to me all the time to take a medical, The first couple of years when I did the medical It took about a month for me to get the yearly license. (The doctor(s) always checked the questionaries and go through it with me, they also did a basic health examination, like check my weight, blood pressure, a quick feel on my Liver – all was fine)

During COVID, DVLA told me I did not have to get a medical done, they wrote to my doctor, my doctor called me and asked me questions – All good and send the details over – I was driving under Section 88.

My last medical – this year – It was just a quick turnaround – 1 week, I got my Full License back after medical.

What I noticed over the years (especially for me) – I always booked my medical first thing in the morning – the time the surgery opens. I do it Mid-week It works because they can send off the blood sample quicker. – thus a quicker response from DVLA.

Hope this helps?
Yes thanks! A nice quick turn around for you at the end! Very happy for you 😊

Hope this helps?
The DVLA medical has got a lot stricter in the last few years

Do you mind if I ask if there was any alcohol related history recorded with your GP?

Hi, quick question. I am in a similar position, and coming up to my renewal (provided with a 1 year licence last year) i am also a HRO, but have read that as a HRO i am not allowed to drive under section 88 whilst my re-application is being processed? I can see you stated you were a HRO but could drive under Section 88?

Hi, quick question. I am in a similar position, and coming up to my renewal (provided with a 1 year licence last year) i am also a HRO, but have read that as a HRO i am not allowed to drive under section 88 whilst my re-application is being processed? I can see you stated you were a HRO but could drive under Section 88?
You are not classed as HRO once you have passed the medical and given a 1 year licence. You can drive under section 88 as long as your Gp is ok medically for you to do so.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off