First time drink driving 46us/100ml

Convicted Driver Insurance

MNO

I been caught with drink driving cops took me to police station and took my breath specimen 1st was 46us n 2nd was 50us
Need to go to court in march what's gonna happen now m I gonna loose my license or gonna get banned

Details of offence as provided by you:
  • Specimen Type: breath
  • Alcohol Level: between 36 and 59
  • No previous relevant convictions within the proceeding 10 years
  • You have not been disqualified two or more times for 56 days or more within the proceeding 3 years
Based on the information you provided above, upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol, Magistrates' sentencing guidelines suggest:

Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course
All courts usually offer first time offenders the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course. A court may allow an offender to take the course a second time where there is a good reason to do so. Offenders will not usually be offered a chance to take the course for a third time. Completing the course can reduce any disqualification period imposed by up to 25%.

If I loose my license I can lost my job as well it was first time
Majority of people on here were first time offenders, the fact is you were over the limit and will be banned, the courts work on the principle with a ban it is a punishment for a serious offence and that you can basically walk, get a bus or train or cycle, simple as that I'm afraid, merry Christmas!

Majority of people on here were first time offenders, the fact is you were over the limit and will be banned, the courts work on the principle with a ban it is a punishment for a serious offence and that you can basically walk, get a bus or train or cycle, simple as that I'm afraid, merry Christmas!
Sadly DD is cut and dried as they have the evidence you were over the limit
Courts will not stop a ban when evidence is clear
Best thing to do is try to get as much mitigation, see this forum for prep for court - turn up smart, get character references, show remorse or write a letter to bench & decide if you wish to represent yourself if get a local solicitor
Thus can help get lower end of banding & ask for the driving course to reduce ban best is then 9 months ish if they give you a year
Re work do you drive for you job if so are there other roles you could do - if it’s getting to work look at other options - at some point you will need to discuss with employer so think carefully
See this site for all the advice as you will have a criminal conviction & this has implications but the message is you will survive

MNO

From reading your circumstances, you are in the lower end of the drink driving range so hopefully you will only get the minimum ban of 12 months, which can be reduced to 9 months after the reduction course. Therefore, if you just plead guilty as soon as possible you could be back on the road again before the end of next year.

You are not a HRO so you have the convenience of getting your licence back without a medical and you won't get any community punishment either which is a bonus. You will still have to pay a surcharge of £85 and court costs at £85 along with maybe a small fine - providing you plead guilty.

As for employment - believe it or not drink driving isn't a massive barrier for employment prospects in comparison with offences of dishonesty, violence or anything to do with children. The biggest obstacle is probably commuting to work and having a 'static' occupation (where you work in one place throughout your full shift).

The logistics of bring banned are probably more of a headache than disclosure of criminality. However, jobs involving professional driving are sadly out of the equation as long as the DR10 stays on your licence, which is 11 years from the date of conviction. This is merely because corporate insurance won't cover employees with DR10s.

CJ

MNO

From reading your circumstances, you are in the lower end of the drink driving range so hopefully you will only get the minimum ban of 12 months, which can be reduced to 9 months after the reduction course. Therefore, if you just plead guilty as soon as possible you could be back on the road again before the end of next year.

You are not a HRO so you have the convenience of getting your licence back without a medical and you won't get any community punishment either which is a bonus. You will still have to pay a surcharge of £85 and court costs at £85 along with maybe a small fine - providing you plead guilty.

As for employment - believe it or not drink driving isn't a massive barrier for employment prospects in comparison with offences of dishonesty, violence or anything to do with children. The biggest obstacle is probably commuting to work and having a 'static' occupation (where you work in one place throughout your full shift).

The logistics of bring banned are probably more of a headache than disclosure of criminality. However, jobs involving professional driving are sadly out of the equation as long as the DR10 stays on your licence, which is 11 years from the date of conviction. This is merely because corporate insurance won't cover employees with DR10s.

CJ

However, jobs involving professional driving are sadly out of the equation as long as the DR10 stays on your licence, which is 11 years from the date of conviction. This is merely because corporate insurance won't cover employees with DR10s.

DR10 stays on license for 11 years for DVLA purpose ie only visible to DVLA (for them to use if gets caught again within 10 years).

For insurance purposes it's relevant for 5 years only. any DR10/20/30.. etc within the last 5 years.

However, jobs involving professional driving are sadly out of the equation as long as the DR10 stays on your licence, which is 11 years from the date of conviction. This is merely because corporate insurance won't cover employees with DR10s.

DR10 stays on license for 11 years for DVLA purpose ie only visible to DVLA (for them to use if gets caught again within 10 years).

For insurance purposes it's relevant for 5 years only. any DR10/20/30.. etc within the last 5 years.

Absolutely - a DR10 is only domestic insurance declarable for five years which is the same period the criminal conviction is unspent for too.

Company driving insurance is a little bit more robust unfortunately - I was trying to make a point that employment opportunities as a professional driver (say a HGV, bus or taxi) are out of bounds for the immediate future.

CJ

Absolutely - a DR10 is only domestic insurance declarable for five years which is the same period the criminal conviction is unspent for too.

Company driving insurance is a little bit more robust unfortunately - I was trying to make a point that employment opportunities as a professional driver (say a HGV, bus or taxi) are out of bounds for the immediate future.

CJ

I'm insured on a company car less than 3 years after conviction, my house mate drives a delivery van for Tesco with a drug driving conviction 6 years ago and my room mate from rehab is back driving lorries 5 years after conviction.

Premiums are higher granted, but not uninsurable.

I'm insured on a company car less than 3 years after conviction, my house mate drives a delivery van for Tesco with a drug driving conviction 6 years ago and my room mate from rehab is back driving lorries 5 years after conviction.

Premiums are higher granted, but not uninsurable.

Grice96

I suppose it depends on the employer - my brother is a former bus driver and he said Stagecoach will not recruit any drivers with a DR10 on their licence.

I suspect this is because they convey passengers which you don't do in lorry's & Tesco trucks.

CJ

Grice96

I suppose it depends on the employer - my brother is a former bus driver and he said Stagecoach will not recruit any drivers with a DR10 on their licence.

I suspect this is because they convey passengers which you don't do in lorry's & Tesco trucks.

CJ

Yes I would think that would be the reason mate, each company has their own policies but you are definitely not fully locked out of a professional driving career with a conviction. There's just more barriers and company hoops to jump through.

Hope you've been having a nice Christmas, won't be long for you now.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off