First time conviction

Convicted Driver Insurance

waitey

Hello,
Around 4 days ago I was pulled over for not having my lights on driving back home at night with a couple of friends in the car from a night out, the police claimed to have smelled cannabis in my car (there was no cannabis) so they asked to drug test me but didn’t search the car. I was found to be over the limit (43mg), they breathalysed me due to not having my lights on and also, they detected cocaine in my system which I believe could have been from the night before, however I have already been given a court date for the end of this month for the drink driving charges. Can I be told what to expect at court, thank you.

Good morning

Can you please confirm what the level was of each drug and whether you have any previous convictions.

Thank you
Martin.
Hello,
I don’t have any previous convictions, I just got my bloods taken for cocaine but I wasn’t told of the level. I was just confused because on the letter that states what am I being charged with at court, it says that I am being charged with drink driving, it doesn’t mention drugs... my alcohol level was 43mg and my court date is 2 and a half weeks after arrest

Well they said they was sending my bloods off for further analysis but isn’t this supposed to take several weeks? As I mentioned on the letter that states what I am being charged with at the magistrates court, it says that I am being charged for driving over the alcohol limit as I was at 43mg

If they are not pursuing the drugs charge, a reading of 43ugs would usually carry a 12 month disqualification (the bracket being 12 to 16 months) and a fine.
Is it possible to get charged for drink driving then later on charged for drug driving (when the blood sample comes back) and what could the expected result be of that?

It is highly unlikely and it would largely depend upon the drug reading.
so you think they’re just saving the drug driving charges in case I was to plead not guilty or something? or they both carry the same charge so just charging me with one?

Your guess is as good as mine as to what there tactics may be. All I can say is that they would usually charge you with both if they had enough evidence.
I know just wasn’t sure if they would usually charge for drink driving then again in a few months for the drug charge, just seemed weird they wouldn’t do both charges in one court date if they intended to charge with both

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off